Corsair Community

Issues with M65 after windows update.

Deadfreak

https://www..com/r/Windows10/comments/48pae4/random_mouse_lagging_and_beeping/

I am pretty much having the same exact issue as that thread. Apparently mouse will beep and lag. Disconnecting any usb including the mouse and trying to reconnect won't make the usb device work anymore. I can replicate the issue apparently. When i'm on teamspeak and i turn off my xbone controller (by holding xbox logo) connected to windows wireless adapter it will happen instantly. If anyone else can try and see if it happens after updating to the new windows update, it will help to find what the root cause could be.

I have Windows 10 Pro v1511 and have been having weird lagging issues with my month old Corsair M65 RGB mouse since Wednesday. Prior to that it has been working flawlessly.

The first time I noticed something was amiss was when I turned my PC off for the night on Wednesday night and it hung. I ended up having to hit the power button on the case. On restarting Windows I noticed that a couple of new Windows Updates had been installed so I suspected they were the culprit and passed it off as a one-off 'hiccup'. I had been playing a game at the time the updates were likely installed so I thought that might be the cause.

However, the next day after my PC had been on for a few hours I noticed my mouse exhibiting very strange behaviour after moving it on the desktop. It would lag horrendously and follow the path I had moved it but not in a straight path! It would move as if someone was drawing part of an arc (it's hard to explain but it was definitely not how I had moved the mouse). Unplugging the mouse from the USB port and reattaching it did nothing; in fact, the mouse light did not come on at all.

So I restarted my PC and the issue was resolved. I thought nothing else of it until later on when browsing in Chrome and my mouse refused to move the scrollbar down because the buttons had stopped responding again. Like before this was followed by the same laggy bizarre movement.

This again happened twice this morning after my PC had been on/restarted for only 10 minutes.

Why is this happening?

This is bad enough but when it happens my PC locks when attempting to restart or shut down and I have to press the power button on the case. As long as the mouse is working normally then I can restart and shutdown but at the moment it seems so random.

I have scanned for malware and viruses using Windows Defender and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware but they found nothing. I disabled Stardock's WindowFX 6.01 beta because I thought that was the cause. I even updated the v1.33 firmware on the mouse again in case it was somehow corrupted.

I tried Goggle-ing this issue and it was only blind luck that led me to this thread. Unfortunately, I cannot read the linked thread in the opening post because my Chrome browser cannot find the page but I am hoping that it is about the same issue I have because otherwise I am going to have to return the mouse to Amazon as faulty.

@ Deadfreak - I would be very grateful if you could let me have a working link to that thread you posted please as I am unable to view it. Thank you.

*EDIT*

Is it this: https://www..com/r/Windows10/comments/48txkm/got_this_wierd_bug_in_windows_10_mouse_stopped/ with red dit (one word not two) between the www. and .com (for some reason this forum is blocking it).

I do have Xbox One controllers attached to my PC, a standard and Elite version, and, thinking about it, the issue may have been triggered after playing a game and perhaps turning off the controller.

I'm having the exact same issue with my elite controller and the wireless dongle. When the controller goes to sleep it never recovers and sends my computer into a beeping fit and I have to do a forced shutdown. Unplugging it has the same effect. I can confirm this happens on first gen xbox one controller as well. It's pretty isolated to exactly what you are experiencing and I have a Razer mouse. So I'm thinking it's a controller isolated issue.

When you disconnect the controller the Xbox accessory driver turns into a broken Xinput driver that will never fix it self and apparently hoses the USB controller on the motherboard hense why the reboot is necessary.

I am surprised that more people aren't reporting this issue.

Uninstalling and then using the Microsoft Show/Hide Update Tool to stop KB3140743 from reinstalling has completely fixed the problem for me when using my Xbox One Elite controller.

Worrying thing is that this tool only temporarily prevents updates from being installed so I hope Microsoft quickly fix it.

Well, today my PC installed another round of Tuesday upodates, including a new cumulative one KB7140768.

Don't get excited though because it causes the exact same issue as KB3140743 in that my PC and mouse work fine until I turn on and turn off my wireless Xbox One Elite controller then the mouse buttons stop working (although I can still move the mouse). Also, on restarting or shutting down my PC it gets stuck in what appears to be a never-ending loop and never does either.

Uninstalling then using the Hide/Show Update Tool to hide KB3140768 fixes the issue.

*sigh*

Looks like this is going to be a weekly thing I am going to have to keep doing until Microsoft fix this annoying and stupid bug!

I again experienced the laggy mouse issue (nope that isn't fixed as erroneous stated previously) and non-responsive mouse buttons last night after quitting Tom Clancy's The Division and turning off my Xbox One Elite controller. Puzzled, since I had previously uninstalled and blocked the latest KB3140768 cumulative update only the night before, I checked Windows Update to see that this update had been reinstalled!!! :mad:

So I had to again uninstall the update and run the Show/Hide Windows Update tool to prevent it from reinstalling on rebooting. I have also checked the Defer Updates button so hopefully this will prevent it from reinstalling though I fear that next Tuesday may have yet another cumulative update that I will need to repeat this tedious process for.

This highlights how potentially annoying Windows Update can be if you experience an incompatibility issue and then find yourself having to jump through hoops... backwards with both hands and feet tied it seems... to prevent Windows from installing a dodgy update again.

The galling thing is that the issue is caused not by me using the wireless Xbox One controller but when I physically hold down the Xbox button to turn it off. At that point the mouse buttons on my Corsair M65 RGB mouse stop working and I can no longer restart or shut down my PC without it getting stuck on the shutting down screen. It's really annoying.

I could just not use my Xbox One controller until the issue is solved (if it ever is... I don't have much faith in Microsoft these days, I'm afraid) but isn't one of the benefits of Windows 10 the whole Xbox integration thing, including support for its (IMO) superb controller?

P.S. Someone on Red-dit (yeah, I know...) mentioned that Uplay may be a possible cause in combination with the Xbox One controller and specific mice or even keyboards. Now I do have Uplay open and running in the background so I will need to investigate that to see if there's any truth to it.

Archived