Corsair Community

static default profile which is fixed until manually changed in CUE

paradonym

I hope I get that right:

Problem: CUE seemingly selects randomly any of the installed profiles to start when CUE starts, no matter if something is saved on the keyboard itself...

I'd rather have the on-keyboard-memory profile as default, unless something else is manually selected inside cue (or a given process for a profile is running)

Can we somehow set the current device-memory profile to be the default even when cue runs? - To get rid of that randomness-thing

so I don't have to manage inactive "out of cue" profile-backups to import and delete if needed...

I deleted the out-of-the-box default profile because of this, probably that's why cue can't find the profile which should be running without user interaction... but I can't see where I can mark another profile to be seen as default...

• Corsair Employee

Click on the "=" button next to the profile pull down and then set it as default profile. This will allow the profile to always start up on CUE launch.

Whatever profile you set as the profile memory can be set as default this way too including if you just like static lighting.

Click on the "=" button next to the profile pull down and then set it as default profile. This will allow the profile to always start up on CUE launch.

Whatever profile you set as the profile memory can be set as default this way too including if you just like static lighting.

Rhanks for the quick reply, that seems to work...

Just one additional question:

It seems that CUE can light the keyboard a different way when the PC is locked or currently booting. I haven't figured out how to edit that mode of lighting but profiles from the user share do it so I think it's possible to do somewhere...

Probably having the spinning rainbow effect or so only when locked. All the settings in CUE seems to affect only the unlocked state...

There are three ways the RGB keyboards can handle lighting

1 - RGB lighting through CUE

2 - RGB through Onboard Memory on the keyboard itself

3 - RGB lighting through unofficial 3rd party software

Ignoring #3 - when CUE isn't running, the keyboard uses the lighting data stored onboard. You are seeing the onboard profile when you boot up and lock your PC. To edit the onboard profile, you again click the "=" button and "save profile to device memory"

Now, there are limitations to the profile saved to device memory. CUE is required for any animations/macros present in the profile to work. When you save a profile to device memory, you save only the static lighting.

There are three ways the RGB keyboards can handle lighting

1 - RGB lighting through CUE

2 - RGB through Onboard Memory on the keyboard itself

3 - RGB lighting through unofficial 3rd party software

Ignoring #3 - when CUE isn't running, the keyboard uses the lighting data stored onboard. You are seeing the onboard profile when you boot up and lock your PC. To edit the onboard profile, you again click the "=" button and "save profile to device memory"

Now, there are limitations to the profile saved to device memory. CUE is required for any animations/macros present in the profile to work. When you save a profile to device memory, you save only the static lighting.

That's why only the arrow keys are enlightened - because they're the only ones having static lighting assigned to...

Isn't that a solvable problem? I mean you only have to export animation colors to device memory, and if the device memory is big enough to hold animation instructions of ~30-60 seconds to loop for the 104 keys...

can I somewhere set static lighting for the keys which are normally all animated? So that all keys are illuminated static while locked but animated through cue while being illuminated be animations when unlocked?

---

but the CPU calculations could be pre-calculated by the cpu and then set as instructions to a script which is run in loop... to save cpu power... As most of the animations aren't based on variable actions done at the PC and only fixed instructions executed in loop...

Make a new profile with a static lighting on each key and save that to the memory device, after that you can simply use a different profile as the default one in CUE and once win+CUE starts the keyboard will use that animated profile.

Thanks for the answer... just one other topicless question (as this topic turns out to totally get to othert things with cue):

How do I edit a FN+(key) function? to add a second FN-function to all the 103 other keys...

examples, FN+F6 opens spotify, FN+G opens GTA5 or something else...

As far as I've seen it it's only possible to edit the direct functions of the keys, without the second FN+ or Ctrl+ combos...

Thanks for the answer... just one other topicless question (as this topic turns out to totally get to othert things with cue):

How do I edit a FN+(key) function? to add a second FN-function to all the 103 other keys...

examples, FN+F6 opens spotify, FN+G opens GTA5 or something else...

at this time you cant do that with CUE, but hopefully this will be a added feature in the future.

Archived