Corsair Community

Bad stick of XMS3500c2

tanK

I run 2x256 sticks of xms pc3500 c2. I recently upgraded from a 2.4b to a 3.0c pentium 4. The change in FSB made the RAM run at 200mhz. At first everything went ok, then there was random reboots and lock ups. I thought it was the chip as everything else was fine. I backed down the latencies to stock 2-3-3-7 from 2-2-2-5. Then I proceeded to run the memory at 433mhz (216mhz FSB).

I ran memtest on each stick seperately. One of them failed at 433mhz at 2-3-3-7 latencies. The other ran them flawlessly. What can I do to replace this one stick? Does Corsair even carry any extra bh-5 3500's for RMA?

• Corsair Employees
Can you tell me the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

No problem Ramguy,

I'm running on an Abit IS7-E, with an Intel 3.0C. I clocked it at 216mhz FSB (3240mhz cpu speed) or 866mhz bus speed to test out the memory (ddr433). One stick passed, the other failed. I have all Performance settings set to auto (no PAT). Voltage for cpu is at 1.5v. Voltage for memory was set as 2.7v. I ran memtest for about 3 hours each stick at 2.7v on 2-3-3-7 timings with all performance settings on auto. One stick failed after 10 runs of no errors. The other stick performed perfectly fine and had no errors.

The sticks I have are CMX256A-3500c2 xms3502v1.1

Thanks!

• Corsair Employees
First thing, this module is no longer available so if you RMA it you will need to send both modules so they match. In addition, with this MB please try and set the Dim Voltage to 2.8 Volts and see if that module will pass by it self. If so then I would set the timings to Cass 2.5-3-3-7 if you are going to over clock with both modules.

• Corsair Employees
Tank, yes we do sometimes have them but if not; we will replace the same or faster module if the exact replacement is not available. And there is no way to predict if it will be available when your module is received. But let me know how you make out!

Well I just tested it for about 3 hours (~30 runs) at 2.8v 2-3-3-7 running at ddr433 speeds. Passed all of them. So I guess its working fine. Whats the highest voltage I can go on these that will be within warranty? I thought it was 2.75?

Archived