Corsair Community

Corsair AX850

A7reYu

I'm curious as to whats going on with Corsairs RMA's but so far im reading people have to pay 100 dollars to get a psu RMAD? Interesting. Every product ive ever RMA'd to EVGA has cost me $35 simply shipping it to them.

Created By: Zack TS (2/24/2016 11:18 PM)

We are sorry to inform you we need the proof of purchase to validate the warranty. We do not use S/N to validate warranty.

Apparently the serial number and original box wasn't enough to "validate" a warranty. So I contacted NCIX and they finally found me my proof of purchase which was added to my ticket. Zack TS seems to be ignoring my ticket now because I told him im not impressed with Corsair.

If I could return my h100i GTX I probably would. Damn its just been just over 30 days. Anyways I'm not going to pay 100 dollars to warranty a PSU when I can buy an EVGA one at nearly the same price.

hello I am sure, that Zack isnt ignoring your message as it does take 24-48 hours to respond to a ticket. I want to thank you for your patience with us ahead of time, regarding to paying the 100$ that would be a special case and dealt with a case by case basis regarding shipping fees.

I would love to see if I would be able to help you with your ticket, please provide it here.

Last but not least is having a receipt. We here at Corsair need to verify and validate warranty based on your proof of purchase/receipt, as it is non-transferable between end users.

This better not count as me "modding" my PSU. What happened was I, some foam from where the PSU sits stuck to one edge. It was really stuck on, like I had to really try to remove this thing since it sat in this tower for 5 years.

• 1 month later...

First of all, I wanted to make a post and say thank you to Corsair for a pleasant RMA experience. I got my AX850W psu warrantied and received a AX860I in return.

My only beef really is I was hassled quite hard about receipts and a big company like Corsair shouldn't be doing that. The policy sucks and if you're reading this I suggest you do keep your receipts if you need a warranty on your 10 year psu.

All in all I will keep using corsair products. Got my eyes on some Dominator platinum ram on my upcoming Skylake upgrade.

Archived