Corsair Community

Corsair Link V4 crashes after startup

PairedPrototype

info

So I was running the old version 3 (well, trying) since V4 wasn't out when I upgraded to Win 10. I seem to be have system stability issues while under heavy load (at least my graphics drive keeps freezing the system when playing games), and I'm trying to root out the problem.

HWinfo reports voltages dropping both the 12v and 5v rail, while running an AIDA64 stress. Of course this got me a little worried, and how my system was still running I don't know. I just decided HWinfo was repoting them inacuratly.

The point of this thread

Naturally I went to Corsair Link since that is the native software for the PSU, but I found that version isn't really working, so I updated to V4, first impressions was it looks really nice. But sadly 5 seconds in and... Oh, nothing works, the whole UI was frozen. So I restarted it with admin rights (thought it was strange it didn't ask for them in the first place), but still crashed in under 5 seconds. Restarted PC and tried again with the same results. I've been through all the compatibility settings as well with no luck and reinstalled it too.

I went hunting in the event logs and come to find the app is throw NullPointerExecptions, there's a couple of unhandled exceptions in there!

http://i.imgur.com/XbP9clL.png

Anyway, is this a 'known issue'? Or is there any workarounds I can try?

Clink4 event.zip

I fixed it! :cool: I think it was my GPU overclock, I'm guess the app makes uses the 3D power state maybe? At least by looking at after burner it dose, it uses the full clock speed when opening tabs and moving it around etc...

So despite my GPU OC passing Heaven several times and Firestrike Extreme loop for 3 hours, it causes problems with a tiny app like this? :rolleyes: I'm quite shocked to say the least. :thinking:

I'm quite shocked to say the least. :thinking:

The strange things CL4 does no longer shock me :sigh!:. When read your post I wondered what would happen to my GPUs so I checked.

I have 4 x GTX 980 and SLI is disabled. When I start CL4 all 4 switch from power state from P8 to P0 and then 5 seconds later are back in P8 before CL4 has even finished initialising. Clearly CL4 is doing something rather silly :[pouts:.

The strange things CL4 does no longer shock me :sigh!:. When read your post I wondered what would happen to my GPUs so I checked.

I have 4 x GTX 980 and SLI is disabled. When I start CL4 all 4 switch from power state from P8 to P0 and then 5 seconds later are back in P8 before CL4 has even finished initialising. Clearly CL4 is doing something rather silly :[pouts:.

Mine does the same! I only have a single 970 though. I seems to be same for when Chrome is minimised and I open it up, but then it quickly falls to P5 then down to P8 again and stays there while scrolling around and watching a 1080P YT video. I'd assume that would be a little more graphic intensive lol.

Mine does the same! I only have a single 970 though.

One GPU is not really enough to check what happens. When I start Skype or IE11 then GPU-0 does the power state transitions, but the other 3 stay in P8. I can't think of any good reason why CL4 should switch all four of my GPUs into P0. I know that calling NVAPI to read the GPU temperature or fan speed don't do this as my code does this without triggering power state transitions. I guess it should be making CUDA calls, but can't think why CL4 would do this.

I did some more checking and it seems that all GPU Applications trigger the power state transitions on GPU-0, but only CL4 triggers them on all four GPUs.

attachment.php?attachmentid=24502&stc=1&d=1456786199

1238462082_GPUApplications.thumb.png.926432c7e59a2f702be942b1adb4486c.png

Archived