Corsair Community

Will a 750D fit a 12x13" supermicro dual xeon MB?

Dualz

This is a very large board (MBD-X10DRI), e.g. larger than Top of the line ROG. Listed as Extended ATX as per manufacturer, it seems than there are different sizes in that category and that compatibility and mounting hole placement could be an issue. As someone attempted such a build before and confirm?

This is for a workstation indeed, not your regular gaming machine. Thanks folks.

If you behave, I may post some pics for you :sunglasse

Well I've read other posts in this forum saying that holes may not align for such a board. So I am going to go with another case for now, although I will still buy a Corsair PSU RM1000.

The 750D still seems to be a wicked case nonetheless! But who got their EATX standards wrong here? Super? Corsair? Neither?

• Corsair Employees
Well I've read other posts in this forum saying that holes may not align for such a board. So I am going to go with another case for now, although I will still buy a Corsair PSU RM1000.

The 750D still seems to be a wicked case nonetheless! But who got their EATX standards wrong here? Super? Corsair? Neither?

Hopefully I can help clear the air for you on this. Like you mentioned, there can be some issues surrounding E-ATX boards and cases. This all strings from different grades of E-ATX boards which makes things that much more complicated. Our cases that are listed as being compatible with E-ATX boards will be for consumer grade boards. Workstation and server grades can have different bolt patterns and dimensions that won't work.

Hopefully you have another build already in mind for the 750D as it really is great case in the lineup.

Workstation and server grades can have different bolt patterns and dimensions that won't work.

I know that http://forum.corsair.com/forums/member.php?u=143473 has an X10DAX in a 900D case which makes me suspect one will fit in a 750D case.

Corsair should be able to confirm is the 750D and 900D have the same bolt pattern.

BTW if you end up with more than 32 CPUs CL4 is likely to get rather confused, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=833699.

I have also just remembered http://forum.corsair.com/forums/member.php?u=151345 has a Supermicro X10DALi in an Graphite 780T case.

Edited by red-ray
Graphite 780T

• 2 weeks later...

Well, you can fit anything you want with a Dremel and some spare time. And you can probably fit it with having a couple of holes not mounted. This however may induce stress on the board in the long run especially if it's loaded with heavy air coolers. With water coolers I suppose this is less of an issue.

But thanks to Nick for clearing out the consumer / server distinction. This is my first server build and I realize now standards do not directly apply to both for various reasons. Hopefully for future generations of cases, those elements could be taken into consideration to appeal to a broader audience.

• 1 year later...