Corsair Community

Corsair VOID Wireless needs dongle reconnect after going out of range

panni

Using dongle firmware and firmware version 38.01. CUE 1.15.36.

After going out of the RF range for several seconds the sound doesn't come back after re-entering the range of the dongle. I have to reconnect the dongle to get any sound/mic again.

I've already paired the headset several times and it was working great before.

Anyone else with this problem?

i can confirm this a known issue, i am currently testing different CUE options to try find a work around and tbh i think i may have found one, go into your CUE software then go to device, UNTICK disable auto shut off..

to me i would rather it auto turn off after a set time, instead of losing total fuctionality when going out of range.. i put a post up if you want to take a look :)

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=156317

Reply from toasted is all i needed, i have tested beta software and it was amazing at one point worked brill, then they added auto shut off option then decided to have an option to disable.. why not just get rid if it causiung this many hitches :/

apart from that i cant fault the headset, battery life to me is amazing..

turn LED's off & it lasts even longer... its pretty looking at but only me and the girlfriend see it haha

plug got my G502 RGB and G910 Orion Spark to look at ;)

• 2 weeks later...

i have confirmation that they have been able to reproduce the problem but they dont think it will be fixed in time for the next release (end of march) but we will see what happens :D

it is an issue and they are working on it

andrew you can turn the headset OFF & just unplug the dongle, then plug it back in, wait few seconds then turn headset back on, wait a few seconds more & it reconnects, it is an issue they are working on as they have been able to reproduce it in testing. ETA not confirmed but they will keep us up to date :)

• 3 weeks later...
i have confirmation that they have been able to reproduce the problem but they dont think it will be fixed in time for the next release (end of march) but we will see what happens :D

it is an issue and they are working on it

Unfortunately no, they didn't fix it. Any ETA?

No ETA as yet, they did say they would try get it in with latest CUE but they didnt :( but how ever they have been able to reproduce the issue & are working on a fix.. turn off CUE to stop the problem if you feel like your going to be moving alot.. apart from that we gotta wait, i know the headset is amazing in my eyes bugs are to be expected, annoying i admit but they're working on it

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The problem isn't gone with the downgrade, it just seems to happen less often.

Where are we with an update for this issue, Corsair? We're approaching 4 months since I've reported this bug.

I have had my void since the beginning of January and the only way I found to fix the disconnect freakout is to not use the CUE software.

Apparently Corsair thought it would be a great idea for the software to always talk to the headset which is the cause of the freakout

I find even the battery life increases even with the led's always on

I have been bitching about this since February. Corsair fails to even acknowledge the issue.

Archived