Corsair Community

H100i, RM850, CL4, Win10 = no go

int2str

Just installed my new H100i and new RM850 power supply. My system is running Windows 10.

Installed Corsair Link 4.2.0.162 and the drivers.

Windows device manager shows one relevant USB device (not two) "Corsair Hydro Series 7289".

Did the regedit trick and set all the power related entries to "0". Rebooted a bunch of times etc. Nothing. CL4 shows no devices at all.

Any other hints?

Both the power supply and the H100 are connected using the supplied Mini-USB to motherboard cables.

One more data point:

Un-plugged and re-plugged the Mini-USB plug on the power supply a few times and checked to see if any devices get removed/re-added. The power supply seems to show up as a HID device, not a Corsair specific one. I assume thats working as intended?

Still no love on CL4...

Alright, fixed the problem:

- As seen in other posts around here, the Corsair Link service was not started and wouldn't start.

- Checked with resmon.exe and saw port 8080 was taken by my Oscilloscope software.

- Uninstalled Oscilloscope software and started Corsair service

Both devices show up now...

CORSAIR, PLEASE DO NOT USE SEMI-STANDARD PORTS LIKE 8080 FOR YOUR PRODUCT (IF YOU MUST USE TCP AT ALL). YOU HAVE ~64000 PORTS TO CHOOSE FROM, DON'T GO FOR THE OBVIOUS ONES

:(

Alright, fixed the problem:

- As seen in other posts around here, the Corsair Link service was not started and wouldn't start.

- Checked with resmon.exe and saw port 8080 was taken by my Oscilloscope software.

- Uninstalled Oscilloscope software and started Corsair service

Both devices show up now...

CORSAIR, PLEASE DO NOT USE SEMI-STANDARD PORTS LIKE 8080 FOR YOUR PRODUCT (IF YOU MUST USE TCP AT ALL). YOU HAVE ~64000 PORTS TO CHOOSE FROM, DON'T GO FOR THE OBVIOUS ONES

I have the same issue here.... in add remove programs no <<corsair hydro series 7289>> found. Maybe in cl4 isnt necessary? I can change pump's mode and fan's but shouldnt the driver be there?

Yeah i also noticed in resmon that it uses remote port 8080 but other local port. i dont know how to check if something elseusing the same port also

Thank you in advance

• Corsair Employee

We've shared this feedback to our developers which should be addressed in a future Link update. Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...
Just installed an H80i v2 into my system and loaded up CorsairLink (Fresh download from the website last night.) It is still using port 8080 which I use for work related things. Can we please get an option for this? Let us configure the port.

8080 is a terrible choice, especially if it's not an interface generated for the client/customer to access for configuration tweaks. They should definitely default to a different port (and change ports if it detects that one is in use) or allow changes through the service config file

Archived