Corsair Community

Keyboard malfunctions after being unplugged from one machine

Col_Crunch

Ok, so I haven't been able to find out why this is, but when ever I unplug my keyboard or completely unplug my desktop the keyboard will not function properly on my desktop until I plug it into another machine then plug it back in to my desktop. By "will not function properly" I mean that the lights go rainbow and switch to the blue and white that means that the keyboard is malfunctioning, and the CUE shows the status as "malfunctioning".

Why does this happen? What is it about loosing power from that machine that messes with it, cause after being unplugged from my laptop (or another desktop) it is just fine when I plug it back into my main machine.

Which USB ports are you using for the keyboard? 2.0? If so are you plugging in first the cable with the usb icon and then the other with the keyboard icon? If you're doing it the other way it might not work, that could be an explanation of your issue.

Other than that nothing else comes to mind right now.

If you are using USB 3.0 then you should plug ONLY the one with the keyboard icon and leave the other one out. I take it you're plugging them both instead? If so try with only that one as I just mentioned and see what happens.

Ok, I'll try that next time.

Archived