Corsair Community

K70 RGB Spill + stick keys - need help!

nickboo

I spilled some 7up (soda) on my k70 rgb keyboard. Everything works, like the lights and the keys. But they just sticky and annoying. I am almost considering buying a new fresh keyboard but i am making this thread to see if there's anything i could do to fix the stickiness.

I been taking off the key caps and putting water on my finger and spamming the sticky keys to get the water in the key caps. I've been doing this like 2-3 times for 2 days. They are less sticky since the beginning.. but i can still feel the stickiness.. its so annoying. Should i just keep adding water everyday like I've been doing until it's not sticky or what should i do to get rid of the stickiness?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

There should be plenty of resources on /r/MechanicalKeyboards. Search over there and you may be able to find some methods you could try to fix your keyboard.

You can also take a look at this video as that may help as well.

$170 is quite expensive for a keyboard. I would at least attempt to fix it as the warranty is void anyway.

I contacted Corsair Support and they said I voided my warranty from the spill.

Should I use some rubbing alcohol since the water isn't working? Just any rubbing alcohol? It won't ruin the parts inside will it?

Thanks a lot for responses guys, I really appreciate the help.

Before buying a new one you can try washing it thoroughly in clean water (distilled would be best) and then letting it dry over few days in warm place so not a single drop of water stays inside (water itself shouldn't do any damage when KB isn't connected to any power source). Some moisture absorbents would make drying process faster (you can use rice).

Soak it in water, dry it really good - should be fine again.

If it doesn't work try full bath in isopropyl alcohol.

It's really important that you make sure it's completely dry before plugging it to PC.

Archived