Corsair Community

Corsair H100i GTX and AMD A10-7800

Dreeadnought

I recently purchased an H100I GTX. Since installation I have not been able to get my cpu temps below 50C. I initially thought it was a thermal paste issue so I bought some Artic Silver 5 and did not make any change. After some research a forum mentioned that if the backplate is not flush with the motherboard it can cause issues. I purchased nylon washers to assist with the issue, and my temps have gotten worse. I have verified the temps with the CorsairLink and with speccy. Other system temps are in the mid 30's Please provide some assistance

1112850133_Screenshot(4).thumb.png.d1805c3db9ca4c270bf15149e793065f.png

1039567593_Screenshot(3).thumb.png.8245813b88b3cb0f1e293021db004645.png

Washers was only related to thin motherboards on the Intel platform. Considering you added the washers in and the temperatures increased, remove them.

Double check the AMD bracket and that it is mounted on correctly. It looks like the block isn't make proper contact with the CPU as the coolant temp is quite low.

Removed the spacers, Temps are still around 60c. I submitted a ticket to corsair they think i have a defective unit. I took it back to the place i bought it and they want me to go thru corsair for replacement. While i was there i picked up another one and still having temp issues

I would assume the cooler you had on the CPU was keeping the temperatures below 50C?

When you removed the block, Did you notice anything unusual with the thermal compound? e.g. only half of the CPU was covered/other half untouched on the block surface? Or was it fully covered?

Archived