Corsair Community

Power consumption readings not right?

Bryman

• 4 weeks later...

So, this is what HWmonitor says the wattage is for my 7970 (my video card is glitched and doesn't throttle if it hits the power limit so it consumes a lot of power when running OCCT)

http://i.imgur.com/wUfqKUP.png

While Corsair Link showed this with the same test

http://i.imgur.com/8ZZvlm3.png

HWmonitor showed about 400-410 watts going into the video card while Corsair Link showed about 460...

Now, I'm not sure how accurate the HWmonitor one is... it says the 12 volt on my video card is about 11.7 at idle and 11.1 with OCCT running

a lot of these sensors are clearly not working properly

all i care is how bad my power bill is at the end of the month

if the box POSTs I play, otherwise it's on the table being serviced

So... If the voltage drop is reporting correctly then that would cause about a 20 watt loss from the power supply to the video card... so really it's only 2 amps off at the most (it was showing about a 50 watt difference), not sure if it's HWmonitor or Corsair Link that is off... Of course I don't expect them to be 100% accurate

But the calculation of amps times volts to get watts and the 12 volt rail are off

I'm running something that's using the video card at a pretty consistent usage. The 12 volt rail watts are fluctuating from 100 to 200 while the power in and power out are only fluctuating by about 25

• 3 weeks later...

Of course, still no reply from Corsair

Also, when is the 1 thread maxed out going to be fixed?

I can of course use different software, but I kind of just want to be able to use Corsair Link... I shouldn't have to use different software

• 1 month later...
Of course, still no reply from Corsair

We can't even. I've logged this with the developers. Thanks as always, red-ray.

I managed to get a reply about this, but CL 4.2.3.41 still has the issue for my AX1500i + AX760i. Does your PSU also still have the issue?

I set my 7970 to 1.4 volts and it said it was taking about 600 watts

http://i.imgur.com/nMWwxa1.png

Probably didn't need to disable OCP... it takes a while after going above the limit before it shuts the power supply off

Yeah............

[ame=

]
[/ame]

VRM temp went from 45 to 110 in 12 seconds... so that means the VRM temp was going up 5 degrees per second...

Anyway... hope the screenshots help

While editing the post select delete.

Oh... heh...

72 + 16 + 7 = 95 so CL report Power out 66W is incorrect

It would appear so

Looks like on the idle, low load, and medium load, that it is off by about 30 watts or so

Looks like on the idle, low load, and medium load, that it is off by about 30 watts or so

Maybe it varies from PSU to PSU. With nothing other than a PSU tester connected to my AX760i I get 56 + 2 + 1 = 59 rather than 0 which is 59 watts out. Further

1. 12. V * 6 A = 72 W not 56 W
  2. 5.0 V * 3 A = 15 W not 2 W
  3. 3.3 V * 3 A = 10 W not 1 W

I suspect the root cause is in the AXi PSU hardware or firmware.

attachment.php?attachmentid=24103&d=1453997370

Archived