Corsair Community

Carbide Air 540 Rear fan Antivibration Screws And Metal Mesh

Paradox82

Hello, i am new to this forum. I would like to ask a simple question. Is there any sort of way to mount the fan on the rear of the Carbide Air 540 using anti vibration screws without removing the metal fan cover? Is there any kind of screws that is able to install both the fan and the cover? Thank you in advance.

The only type that comes to mind is something like this. However, I haven't tried it and I can't be sure you will be able to stretch the middle section to encompass both the chassis and wire frame.

Frankly, I don't give much credit to rubber mounts. Now and again, you will come across a well designed one that is both effective and easy to take on and off. However, on most models the fan frame still makes contact with the chassis and any vibrations will transmit through that contact point rather than the comparatively small contact point on the screws. I haven't had issues with the rear grill and vibrations, but it might be a lot easier to address it through either a rubber gasket between the fan and chassis or to use simple rubber washers (inside and out).

Archived