Corsair Community

Scimitar RGB MOBA/MMO Macro problem

James Robinson

Love the feel and look of the mouse, also got the MM600 surface.

I like to play DDO, and have a set of actions I like to assign to my mouse. I like certain things in certain places. First was primary attack phase assigned to button 3 for up-top and upfront, and jump on 4. Everything else gets placed after, weapon selections, buffs & debuffs, alternate attacks... but those 2 get set first.

For '3' I recorded a Macro- Attacks are on hotbar 1, buttons 1-5. So "Alt+1,1,2,3,4,5" with 100ms between each. Works perfect.

For '4' it's just a keypress 'space'. Works perfect.

Here's where it screws the pooch. none of my other programmed macros for anything else, and none of my key-presses are activating. It's like it only took the very 1st of each assigned and wont take any others.

Anyone have any ideas wth? Ive cleared and reprogrammed over a dozen times for each command, nothing seems to work except those 1st two.

Help!

By other programmed macros for anything else. Are they on separate profiles or did you assign them in the modes?

Same Profile, same mode. No idea what was happening. I uninstalled and rebooted, then re-installed, re-booted.

Now it works.. wut?

Ok, so new issue. I use spacebar to jump. Spacebar is assigned to 4. All good. Spacebar is also for ascending while swimming/floating. Problem is, I cannot get rid of the 1ms delay between implementation, so rather then the effect of holding down spacebar to ascend, I get endless tapping of spacebar which just has my toon having a seizure under water instead of a steady hold of spacebar to ascend. Any way to get rid of the 1ms delay?

You will probably want to try remapping 4 to space bar instead of using a macro.

If you use a macro, you will need to increase the delay time fi you want to hold down.

4 is mapped to spacebar. Mouse side button 4 is mapped as a keypress, not a macro. Problem is, I don't know what options I need to set so that as long as I hold down button 4, spacebar is held down. It has to be a continuous press of spacebar, not constant little presses.

Edit: NVM.. found it under the mass of remap options.. took a second to figure out it was 'typing Key', then 'Number & Symbol'..

Thanks!

Oh for god sake... Im cursed.. thats the only explanation. Logged in to do some raiding, and noticed NONE of my actions were working. Tried opening the software and it kept crashing. I cleared all the actions and started fresh... I mean, why not? I knew how to set everything up now so it was going to be fast and maybe even more efficient this time.

Doesn't matter... they won't work. I uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled, then rebooted. Still nothing, Not even simple key-presses. unplugged the mouse and swapped ports.. rebooted, nothing. I look in device manager and it just lists multiple HD compatible mice...

Any ideas? *sigh*

And no, I changed nothing between Wednesday ( my last time playing) and today.

Hmm.. Think I figured this one out. DDO updates their launcher fairly regularly. To get these keymaps and scrips and keystrokes to work, I have to identify the process that should signal for start. It seems that these updates break that relationship.

When I tried to run any of the customization while playing DDO, they would hang and the Corsair Game utility would crash. When I finally managed to get the program running, the customization for those particular keys were gone. Not just the button association mind you, but the actual action from the list of actions.. Perhaps there is some kind of checksum involved.. or maybe my anti-virus saw the failed attempt to manipulate the data going to the game and removes it.. in any case, re-setting the profile & mode to the launcher seems to have fixed it, and I can start over with building the action library. I've also learned from this experience, and started backing up my work.

That is weird. I'm not exactly sure how DDO works, but if it does an update does it totally change the file path of the .exe? If so, that will affect CUE's ability to switch profiles.

Not exactly sure how CUE managed to 'crash and reset' itself. Though it is the first time i have heard of that.

Archived