Corsair Community

No longer able to change LED colors with Void Yellow Jackets

Azrael36

As the title states I am no longer able to change the LED color on my Void Yellow Jackets. I was wearing the headset when it seemed to cut off. I worked for a few minutes to get the USB dongle and headset to pair, was finally able to get them to pair. Required a restart and several attempts before it took. I usually can get them to pair in just a few seconds. After getting them paired and resetting them as the default device in windows sound panel i noticed that the yellow setting i had been using was no longer yellow, but green. I attempted to change the color, change the lighting pattern etc but everything has failed to work. The LED is stuck on a solid green color and the lighting patterns no longer do anything. :confused: The firmware has been updated in the last few days. My K95 RGB and Scimitar are working just fine, but I need my headset for an upcoming tournament. Please help.

1. Uninstall Cue, Try to remove the driver from device manager, and reinstall cue (a restart after each action would make sure drivers are not left behind. You could try without removing the driver the first time)

2. Try to force a firmware update again with the firmware update button on your void headset. Something might have gone wrong with the firmware update.

I've uninstalled it, deleted all profiles. Reinstalled it and there is still no control of the LEDs. Still just the solid green LED color. When I logged onto my machine this morning I noticed that while the computer had gone to sleep that the lighting had changed to the color shift that the unit ships with as default. I was a bit hopeful that the issue had somehow straightened itself out. When I logged on, the color changed to Green. I can disable the device lighting in the device settings and that works just fine. It is just manually changing the color and the LED lighting effect that seems to be unresponsive.

The cable is plugged into the headset. I have reflashed the firmware 3-4 times now. I have thought about flashing an older version of the firmware. I somehow managed to save an older version when the FW 33 version came out. I have thought about trying to force it into bootloader mode and then reactivate it and go from there. Sound works, soiund profiles work, everything works as it should except for the danged LED lighting. It is just really aggravating.

Does anyone have any idea of what may be causing this problem? I am currently at work, when I get home I will try installing the headset to one of my other computers to see if the problem is localized to my main gaming rig or if it an issue with the headset itself. I am leaning towards it being a software related issue as when the computer goes to sleep the headset LEDs go to the color shift cycle.

OK, I have figured out what was going on. It would seem that for some reason the green color is indicative of the battery charge status. Green, good/fully charged etc. I was messing around with this problem when I got home and started thinking that maybe I have the MSI USB supercharge utility running and the headset was charging etc. I didn't have it running when I began to further explore that. I decided to unplug the headset from the USB charging cable and and it started the "slow breathing" lighting pattern. I couldn't figure out why it was still green though. I tried changing the colors and the headset became responsive to the color change inputs via CUE. Thanks for all the help!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived