Corsair Community

Pc slows to a halt

Febronia

Corsair STRAFE RGB MX Silent

So I've been using this keyboard for the past 24 hours (both USB cables are plugged into the 3.0 slots). Upgraded to a new BIOS already, and my USB3.0 drivers. Reinstalled the CUE software a few times. Nothing yet has worked.

I always have Photoshop open, and the addition of this keyboard has made using it impossible. My tablet starts to lose the responsiveness and starts to lag well before the 1-hour mark after a restart. Other processes are also noticeably slower within 30 minutes of a restart. At the 1 hour point, pretty much every program or task has slowed down to a frustratingly slow point of no return, and I'm forced to restart the PC.

I've already sent in a support ticket, but i'm posting here in the hopes that someone else has, or has had this issue and found a fix. Or even ideas on what to try for fixes in the meantime.

So oddly enough, I went backwards, uninstalled everything I did to accommodate the keyboard (usb3.0 drivers & CUE). The lag issue has stopped.

So that just places me back at square one. So I went in and reinstalled the latest CUE, lag starts again and instantly affects my Intuos tablet.

Great.

So now i've uninstalled CUE, and downgraded to 1.9.62, the lag is still happening, it affects chrome and tablet most of all.

Unfortunately i'm an Illustrator and not a comp technician, so I don't quite understand what to look for in the Resource Monitor section. I'll post screencaps after I uninstall CUE and restart because the system is lagging hard again.

I saw someone else with issues with the keyboard and a tablet and it was the tablet driver that was causing the issues ... It was a few pages back in the forum. I'll look and post what page and the title of it here for you. Interestingly my son has a bamboo tablet and his is fine with his strafe. I don't remember if the one with the issue was an Intuos or not. I went back and looked and I can't find it but it was a tablet driver issue with CUE. Maybe try unplugging the tablet and see if it fixes it, just to see if that is the issue (one post I did find said that fixed it but it was from a few years ago). I realize you have to use your tablet for work, but then you would know what the issue is.

• 2 weeks later...
Well hell. I went through the trouble of upgrading to a new motherboard and processor, reformatted, only to find out CUE still screws with the tablet drivers. What an awful waste of money this keyboard was if they couldn't be arsed to work around the most important existing device drivers for professionals.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Febronia,

I think I figured this out! I went ahead and got an Intuos Pro tablet because I've been wanting one and decided if it didn't work with the keyboard I would figure something out.

So I installed the driver and everything was working fine and I started messing with Corel Painter 2015 and working along with some tutorials to learn my way around the program.

Everything was fine until the first time I used the touch features to make my picture larger to do some fine details in the eyes of my painting (not part of the tutorial) LOL! Everything froze and I couldn't use anything except get into task manager by using control alt delete. I didn't wait to see if it would unfreeze. Once I was in task manager I got my mouse back and was able to go into CUE and exit it.

Once CUE was exited, I could use the touch functions in Corel Painter without any freezing or other issues.

I have my profile for my keyboard saved to my computer so it retains the LED profile with CUE not running. The only thing I can't do is utilize the different commands programmed into CUE - like pressing tilda to change profiles. Still it's a happy compromise - I can have my tablet and everything still works.

It was irritating for me when I saw your post because I was just about to buy the tablet at that time. Anyway, so far so good for using both for me. I'll let you know if any other issues come up.

Let me know if this works for you too!

Oh, and another difference is I only have Photoshop Elements, not the full Photoshop CC. I don't know if that makes a difference.

Archived