Corsair Community

Keycaps on Strafe RGB

sj704

First off I want to state that I really like this keyboard. I do however have a couple of small things that are a bit annoying.

First off, I like that the keyboard came with some optional replacement WASD keycaps. However, I don't like that the keycaps are contoured JUST for a WASD setup. For instance, the D key has a curve on the right and one on the left side of the keycap. for an ESDF user such as myself, that curve just doesnt feel right. I would of preferred the textured feel with a non curved keycap.

Second thing, I immediately noticed a low pitched sound when using this keyboard.. most noticably when hitting the spacebar and enter keys. It sounds kind of like a metal hitting metal "echo" sound if that makes any sense. I have another mech keyboard with MX Browns that didnt make any sounds similar to this. Has anyone else experienced this?

Which keyboard layout do you have? The difference in sound might be because of the stabilizers being used for the big buttons like the spacebar (and the enter button in some layouts).

That said I do recall hearing a slight metallic sound when I first got my K70 RGB, I was new to mechanical keyboards and I always bottomed out the keys. It went away after a while. But that shouldn't be the case for you since the Strafe is a cheaper option compared to the K70 and is all made in plastic, unlike the K70 which is in aluminum (and thus the metallic sound when bottoming out).

Oh okay, then you have the NA layout (North America) which has the small enter key on one line. Some EU layouts for example have a bigger enter key which takes up even 2 rows.

That said I was wrong and also this small enter uses stabilizers, I just checked on my keyboard. It might be indeed that that makes you hear the different sound. Does it also happen with other keys like SHIFT or the enter/plus keys in the numepad?

Archived