Corsair Community

CMSA4GX3M1A1066C7 Compatibility with Intel PM45

Breathe of fate

Hi for all.

Guys, I bought two CMSA4GX3M1A1066C7 (4GB), but I have regular BSODs. If I use only one, then memtest passes all testes. If I use two, there are a lot of errors. I changed slots and nothing changed.

I have a laptop HP Pavillion dv-6 1325er: CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo P7550, 2266 MHz; chipset - Intel PM45.

What should I do?

• Corsair Employees
So each memory stick works by itself, but as soon as you have both of them in there they BSOD? If that is the case, this falls into the case of mix and matching. If the version numbers are different this is compatibility issue. I would suggest getting CMSA8GX3M2A1066C7, so that they are matched.

So each memory stick works by itself, but as soon as you have both of them in there they BSOD? If that is the case, this falls into the case of mix and matching. If the version numbers are different this is compatibility issue. I would suggest getting CMSA8GX3M2A1066C7, so that they are matched.

Memory are identical to each other. Moreover my chipset supports only 8Gb. So I need two memories at 4Gb. As I understand, my chipset supports memory with 8 chips, but not with 16.

Archived