Corsair Community

Lost funcionality?

Bijmij1

Is it me or does the latest versions of CUE delete some of the things that were in the software before?

I remember that I used to set my numpad as an indicator for my Win Lock. I can't seem to do that anymore.

Or set the colours of the win lock per profile? It seems like a small thing but I quite liked that.

Not sure if they got rid of it. or I'm just looking over these options. Please help!

The Indicator option was most likely a bug, I don't think it was supposed to appear on the other keys but rather on the key it was for alone.

I can setup a different color for the winlock key per-profile just fine instead, unless I misunderstood what you're asking.

Both things tested on the latest 1.15.36 CUE version.

Hi Bijmij1,

We removed this function because it wasn't supposed to allow indicator to keys that don't indicate. But if it is something that is asked for, I will pass it over to Corsair James to see if he would reconsider.

I would like to use keys that don't indicate as indicators! (as well as have more indicator options such as mute, caps lock, 'n stuff)

Hi Bijmij1,

We removed this function because it wasn't supposed to allow indicator to keys that don't indicate. But if it is something that is asked for, I will pass it over to Corsair James to see if he would reconsider.

yea tell james to bring that back. in my Lol profile i use it to dim the unimportant keys.

Update: this is what I was told...

Indicators won’t work for mute or media keys because the media keys are not keyboard specific but OS specific. For example. if mute was green (ON) and red (OFF) and you pressed mute before you login to windows, then the indicator would be the opposite of what is actually happening. We avoided indicators on keys that can’t be hardware controlled specifically for that reason since it would serve more confusion than it would help.

We had them before, but it wasn't 100% reliable so we removed it. But if there is a large demand for it, we will look into it some more.

Yes, it is possible to set colors of keys based on the status of the WinLock mode switch, using the latest version of the CUE software; I have done so for my K95 RGB (English, North America layout).

In the attached profile, my default "WinLock Enabled" mode has the WinLock enabled, and keys have purple backlight, except for the Windows keys, which have a green background lighting to match the WinLock enabled indicator. Pressing the WinLock moves to "WinLock Disabled", and keys have purple backlight, except now the two Windows keys are colored red. (I programmed the Windows keys in this mode to send the "Gui, F20" and "Gui, F21 keys, but you can disable the Windows keys altogether if you wish.) Instead of merely lighting up the Windows keys to indicate the WinLock mode of enabled/disabled, you can use this technique to make your entire numeric keypad set of keys act as a WinLock indicator (or any other keys backlight can be altered to act this way).

1. Set your WinLock indicator colors as desired (e.g. On is green, Off is red).
  2. The initial mode (e.g. "WinLock Enabled) has the WinKeys enabled.
  3. Set the background lighting of your indicator keys to match the light chosen for WinLock enabled indicator color. (e.g. My WinKeys are colored green.)
  4. Duplicate this mode to a new mode (e.g. "WinlLock Disabled") to ensure same background lighting for keyboard.
  5. Still in the initial mode (e.g. "WinLock Enabled"), map the Windows enable/disable key to switch to the newly created mode (e.g. "WinLock Disabled" mode)
  6. In the WinKey disabled mode, do the next three steps.
  7. Disable the windows keys or set them to something useful.
  8. Set background lighting for your indicator keys you want to match the "WinKey disabled" indicator color. (e.g. My WinKeys are set now with red background lighting.
  9. Define the windows enable/disable key to switch back to your original mode (e.g. "WinLock Enabled").
  10. Switch to the intial mode, and you are done; exit CUE.
  11. Hit the WinLock key a few times. Notice that the indicator light changes, and so does the background lighting of whichever keys you set, and when WinLock indicator shows that WinKeys are disabled, the WinKeys do not work as WinKeys, and when WinLock indicator shows WinKeys are enabled, the WinKeys work as WinKeys.

Alternatively, change the word "mode" to "profile" in the preceding instructions--this can be useful to minimize any changes to your foreground lighting effects if you have done lots of mode switching to accomplish that.

P.S. See also http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=156360 for a hack that allows binding of both a keypress and a mode switch simultaneously, as my method uses a virtual WinLock mode. (Hint: the keypress would be WinLock, and the mode would be "Game Mode").

WinLock indicator.prf

Archived