Corsair Community

Silent MX -> Hangs during Bios boot, Maximus VII MOBO

chickenpie233

Hey sometimes on random days my STrafe RGB Silent MX hangs on BIOS and the keyboard does not work. This is what it looks like

http://i.imgur.com/zzaddcg.jpg

My comp specs are:

i4790k, Maximus Hero VII, 980GTX, 16gb ram

The only way it works if it I pull out the plug and put it back in. I have tried using both only the 2.0 switches and only the 3.0 by itself. Either way, on random days it just starts to hang, and on other days, the boots are perfectly fine. I remember there being a thread long time ago about the Hero VII having compatibility problems but there was a patch issued. I have updated the keyboard bios and drivers, everything is fine. For now, I have turned off USB Legacy Support, and enabled Intel xACHI controller since this is something I read on the forums long time ago. Before they were at Smart Auto and Auto. Is there a solution for this? Thank you.

Bought my new CORSAIR STRAFE RGB Mechanical Keyboard and CORSAIR KATAR Mice seperatly 3 hours ago. Plugged them both: the 2 keyboard usb plugs into 2 different 3.0 usb ports and the mice's usb plug in to the keyboards usb output (directly on the back of the keyboard) and installed the Corsair Utility Engine version 1.14.43.

Started my STEAM to play Counter Strike: Global Offensive and the game had issues running... (Started since I first plugged my new Corsair stuff...)

So I decided to Restart my computer see if it fixes anything itself.

THE BOOT SCREEN TAKES 15 SECONDS TO GO ON

usually takes 3 seconds.

The Keyboard LED (DEFAULT) lights up but keyboard not functionnal...

after a while I hear a BEEP from computer then the black screen takes 10 seconds stucking there to...

then the keyboard finally wakes up to my personnalized LED preference and

my monitor disconnect and reconnect from the HDMI input itself and THEN I finally reach my windows Logon screen...

Takes 30 seconds instead of 5 seconds to reach my logon screen...

I have a SSD... Never happened before I plugged these.

Thought it could be the usb input of the keyboard that can't take the mouse so i removed it and plugged the mouse seperatly to into a different 3.0 usb slot directly to my comp.

Reboot......... SAME PROBLEM.

I have XHCI at SMART AUTO in BIOS and LEGACY thing to disabled.

I decided to completely unplug MICE & Keyboard then reboot again.

PROBLEM STILL THERE....! IS IT THE CUE PROGRAM???

WHAT IS WRONG??? PLEASE HELP CORSAIR!?!

Ok update: I've read that Corsair mentions to only plug the Keyboard labelled USB plug into 1 3.0 USB slot for certain type of keyboards. I tried that. Then Read that I must update firmwares wich I did to through the CUE program by going into Settings / Device tab and update firmware then force the update. Did that for both my keyboard and mice.

reboot... still having the issue.

Ok update: I've read that Corsair mentions to only plug the Keyboard labelled USB plug into 1 3.0 USB slot for certain type of keyboards. I tried that. Then Read that I must update firmwares wich I did to through the CUE program by going into Settings / Device tab and update firmware then force the update. Did that for both my keyboard and mice.

reboot... still having the issue.

Ignore that mention you read for the USB connection, what you read applies only to K65, K70 and K95 RGB which require 2 cables for more power.

The STRAFE RGB has 2 cables because one is for the USB pass-through that the other 3 keyboards I mentioned just above are lacking. STRAFE RGB works with a single USB 2.0 port just fine unlike the others.

FIXED! I did a BIOS Reflash (Kind of update) go and get your BIOS update on your Motherboard's Company website go in support: BIOS latest Update. Make a Bootable USB FAT32 with the files you downloaded from the site (use Rufus program as a bootable drive creator). Then in Bios make boot primary option select Floppy Usb or something like. Boot with Usb, enter setup with another keyboard dont plug your Corsair yet. Once Bios update done go and dl the CUE (Corsair engine) download latest update and firmawares AND THEN plug in your components and reboot. FIXED!!!!!

Hey same thing just happened again today after about 5 days. At this point I am really unsure about what the cause is but I noticed some strange behavior based on this:

1. When the BIOS is hanging, if I unplug and replug the keyboard, computer works fine and passes BIOS.

2. I have updated BIOS to fully updated version

3. I have changed to default settings because there was no change

Now I read somewhere that it is because the computer may be powering other devices but the only thing I have is a Razer DA Chroma and this has received no problems at all. I have tried switching around ports as well to no avail.

Archived