Corsair Community

Dominator Platinum Mini Commander and Corsair Link

SimonC

Following much more work offline with both Red Ray and Corsair, I can report that Version 4.2.1.42 of CL reliably (if somewhat unattractively) reports the presence of my DIMMs and, I think, their temperatures. The temperatures don't seem to be updating, so I'm hoping that will get fixed (ideally with some other improvements, such as displaying the DIMMs as DDR4-3000 rather than DDR4-2133), in the next release.

Just thought I should update the post albeit nobody else has been admitting to suffering this problem.

The temperatures don't seem to be updating, so I'm hoping that will get fixed (ideally with some other improvements, such as displaying the DIMMs as DDR4-3000 rather than DDR4-2133), in the next release.

It also incorrectly reports my DIMM Designations, though I had not noticed the temperature does not update, then again I don't use CL4 that often. Below you can see all the CL4 reported temperatures are out of date assuming the CL4 and SIV ordering is the same. I can't tell as CL4 fails to specify either the DIMM Serial Number or SMBus location :(:.

attachment.php?attachmentid=24713&stc=1&d=1458385698

420255920_DIMMTemps.thumb.png.4086d4e5c1bd982749c51d176f18ba8e.png

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick update.

V4.2.27 now installed.

Corsair has accepted that the DRAM temperatures are not updating (at least for this MB/CPU combo) and has agreed to fix this, probably in the release after next.

Hopefully some UI improvements will follow as use of the screen real estate is very inefficient at the moment.

I've uploaded a screenshot just for interest, showing how things look at this stage.

Capture.thumb.PNG.e1f5ca052a6da09269fe430caee50dee.PNG

• 1 month later...

Just for anyone who is interested.

I see no change as far as these issues are concerned having installed

V4.2.3.41.

DIMMs still consistently reported (since V4.2.1.42) as Corsair DDR4-2133 rather than Corsair DDR4-3000, temperatures are displayed at start-up of the CL4 service but are not then updated.

Corsair Support has acknowledged the problem and narrowed it down somewhat but have no release candidate for a fix.

I will not be pursuing the matter any further.

• 2 months later...
I see no change as far as these issues are concerned having installed V4.2.3.41.

With CL 4.2.4.25 I also get issues with my DIMM MTS reporting :(:.

I decided to look into why and did rather better than the Corsair CL4 developers, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=864155.

I would be interested to hear what happens with CL 4.2.5.nn. For this to be fixed then C:\Program Files (x86)\CorsairLink4\cpuidsdk.dll will need to have a modified date of 26-Jul-2016 or later.

Archived