Corsair Community

Silent MX Q. -> How to keep awake at all times?

chickenpie233

Hey I noticed that on some keyboards when your computer goes to sleep mode, you can just press a key and the computer will come back. On the silent MX, the computer turns off the keyboard as well and I can't recover from sleep mode unless I push my power button. This is just an issue I am curious to see if I can customize it to my old habits. Additionally, the keyboard does not power at the computer's bios so I can't access the computer bios unless I swap it out for another keyboard. Is there a way to make the computer boot the mouse + keyboard first and then go to bios/windows? I used to use a deathstalker/Dell keyboard and these would boot first and get out of sleep mode.

Update your BIOS and see if that helps with the keyboard not being detected/powered on. Alternatively, you can put the STRAFE keyboard into BIOS mode by pressing the F1 button then Win lock button. To get out of it, press the key combination again.

Please fillout your system specs.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/profile.php?do=extra

You will also want to make sure the keyboard is allowed to wake the computer from sleep. This can be done in Device Manager.

Archived