Corsair Community

ASUS P5AD2 Premium

Judaeus Apella

Hi, Im building a new system for the purpose of game developement. I have to build a system that can run/test a game that's going to utilize technology 2-3 years from now, which means I'm going to have to overclock it. I've decided to get the ASUS P5AD2 Premium 925X Chipset Motherboard For Intel LGA 775. Im a photographer and artist, not a hardware tech, and Im replacing a very old pc that just died, that I built my self over 4 years ago... so Im behind the times in my knowledge about PCs, not that I dont want to learn. Im anxious to get started! A friend is helping me out, but there's a lot I don't know so far. I've been thinking about getting the twin sticks of 512MB XMS2 DDR2 4300... but the info on the board I'm getting says 4200. Someone told me I should get memory made for overclocking, so Im guessing it has something to do with that. Can someone explain this to me?

Thanks!

• Corsair Employees
XMS4300C3 are tested at a slightly over clocked setting with aggressive timings. Please see XMS Qualification and Testing as all of our XMS modules are listed along with the make and model of MB and bios settings we use. As far as what you should get, that would really depend on what your expectations are and if you plan on over clocking. Twin2x1024-4300C3 would be a great part for performance, and VS1GBKit533D2 would be a great value based module set. Or if you plan on over clocking I would suggest Twin2x1024-5400C4.

Archived