Corsair Community

Corsair Link very high CPU usage

electricalplug

Corsair Link 4 service is using 1 core at 100%.

Do as I specified before to check if a thread is spinning. You have 8 CPUs so it will be 12.5%

Were it my system I would run PE (https://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/sysinternals/bb896653.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396) and look at the thread properties to see if one thread was using 25% (100% of one CPU). Ideally post a screen shot.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Do as I specified before to check if a thread is spinning. You have 8 CPUs so it will be 12.5%

I can't seem to get it to do it again, it kept doing it over and over for like a week before I closed and uninstalled it as I keep the pump on the Sata power anyway and the fans I got on a fan controller.

Although now I tried to reinstall it, the newest version 4.2.4.25 (Windows zip and 7-zip kept throwing out invalid errors, but it extracted anyway) I installed it and its running fine other than the CPU usage I still consider a bit too high, the service is around 1 - 5% load where the software where the GUI I presume is using 3% consistently at 190mb memory being used.

Its not really much of a problem I guess as performance in games are still more than great, but games like GTA5 the CPU is pretty much at 100% all the time as it is.

Anyway my FX8320 system thats at 4.4ghz Corsair link is using 15% CPU on that, though its spread out among cores (I don't have access to that system right now). Lead me to this fourm again tring to fix it lol.

• 1 year later...

For me (Windows 10 x64 1709 build 16299.125) "Corsair LINK 4 Service (32 bit)" (version 4.9.3.25) constantly eats 3-6%, plus "CorsairLink4.exe" eats about 1%. (CPU is 6-core, with HT). That is, Corsair tool is not "completely eating one core" but it definitely eats more than a normal background process.

The "Process Hacker" tool shows that there seem to be a pool of threads doing something. Not a single thread "spinning".

It looks like each thread is active for a very short while, and then it's inactive for a quite long period. Though, other threads become active. (See screenshots attached). Also, here's a dump of "CorsairLink4.Service".

attachment.php?attachmentid=31805&stc=1&d=1513873100

There are two similar topics (about high, but not "completely eating one core" CPU usage), at least: 1,2.

processes.thumb.png.3538fb0f080df9f1811facb74ad15ef9.png

threads.thumb.png.7b44564a9f2b334aea3c4a2c712a1f3b.png

1587987908_StackofathreadwithhighCPUusage.thumb.png.396f7845fb08885dc3fe169a329847f4.png

That behavior isn't super unusual with Link, though the upcoming 4.9.4 release may help alleviate it a little.

Sounds good. Better performance is always greatly appreciated :biggrin:.

It's tough to know how much it should or shouldn't be consuming without both system specs and the amount of our gear you have installed.

1. OK, I've added current system spec to the profile. This is a strange system :D:.
  2. PSU is the only item from Corsair. And, actually, the only item I want to monitor with this tool.
  3. ... however, it looks like it is not possible to show "just data from RM1000i". It is not possible to get rid of any sensors, even those that are not actually present and showing dummy values.
  4. Indeed, it is hard to estimate what CPU use is "OK", but I use SpeedFan 4.52 to monitor temperatures & fan speeds, and it uses ~0.15% CPU to display the same values (except data from RM1000i).

PS. I don't think I need to keep Corsair Link ON all the time. So there's no big problems anyway. But it just doesn't feel right....

• Corsair Employees

Yeah, unfortunately Link can't - at least not currently - hide sensors. Note SpeedFan may also conflict a bit with Link. CPU usage on Link is always a little meaty, not horrible but not as lightweight as SpeedFan.

Honestly you're probably better off just loading Link only when you want to monitor the PSU reading.

Hi,

I have the latest Corsair Link 4 application version and also can see that the application service maxes up to 1.4% CPU usage, out of my 6 cores CPU.

I did not have any previous version before this one, so can't really say if it was improved or not.

However, i did notice that this application logs system status by default into C:\ProgramData\CLink4 folder, into 2 logs.

I disabled the automatic debug logging and cleared the content of the log files, just to save on some SSD space and lower the activity (as it constantly writes into them), but it did not affect the CPU usage activity that much.

Same thing i have done with ASUS GPU Tweak2 which monitors the GPU, but it wasn't taking that much of CPU usage activity anyway (again, just saved on some SSD space and activity).

Any chance the CPU usage activity will be reduced in the next releases?

Having 1.4% out of 6 cores package is pretty unusual for a program in my taste.

Thanks in advance.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm also having this same issue except it's starting to affect my desktop UI performance. My task manager CPU Graph looks like a square wave from an oscilloscope. I have a 7900X which is a 10c/20t processor and it's at constant 5% usage on Corsair Link. It doesnt matter if I have graphing enabled or not.

I have 6 Corsair LLRGB 140mm fans with a lighting node pro and a HX1000i PSU all running on corsair link.

Any news on a fix? running the latest version of Link atm.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...