Corsair Community

Corsair Link very high CPU usage

electricalplug

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This needs to be fixed, soon...

If I have other stuff taking about ~90% cpu then the 12% cpu the Corsair Link makes causes the computer to start freezing... So bad that even the mouse starts freezing

I have no idea why it freezes the computer so much when the other ~90% is set to low priority

New member here also seeing higher than normal CPU usage... I am currently using Link V4.2.1.42 on Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with my H115i GTX and have noticed the CorsairLink4.Service sits at around 9-10% CPU usage after running for a while. When it doesn't spike this high, it usually sits at 1.5-2%. Between the program itself and the service, it uses 60-65 MB of RAM as well. That said, this makes the Link software the biggest resource hog on my system during idle and it is clear that the programmers need to optimize the coding. I really hope that this and everyone else's problems get fixed in a future update.

Just figured I would chime in. I am also having this problem in my brand new build. Windows 10 x64, Intel i7-6700k overclocked to 4.8, Corsair h115i (temperatures are fine, it seems to be working other than this weird issue). After random lengths of time, 1 cpu core (well, thread) shoots to 100% and remains stuck there. This wouldn't be a huge deal, except it locks my cpu voltage at its maximum, 1.344, which I'm not a huge fan of. Hope for a fix pretty soon!

Just figured I would chime in. I am also having this problem in my brand new build. Windows 10 x64, Intel i7-6700k overclocked to 4.8, Corsair h115i (temperatures are fine, it seems to be working other than this weird issue). After random lengths of time, 1 cpu core (well, thread) shoots to 100% and remains stuck there. This wouldn't be a huge deal, except it locks my cpu voltage at its maximum, 1.344, which I'm not a huge fan of. Hope for a fix pretty soon!

On my i7-3770K it would take at least 2 or 3 threads to get the cpu to it's maximum... maybe the 6770K is different though

I wouldn't worry too much about 1.35 volts as long as the temperatures are okay and it's only for a few months... I guess it would increase power consumption though

What I'm doing is closing Corsair Link from the taskbar after I'm done using it, you could use something like HWmonitor to get the same info that Corsair Link is reporting

Ah... it might be increasing the voltage to its maximum because 1 thread is at 100% versus multiple threads at like 30-50% (like when I was playing a game)

Just... don't run stress tests at really high voltages

[ame=

]
[/ame]

45°C to 105°C in 1/10 of a second... I had HWmonitor set to update every 100ms

Uh... yeah...

CPU-Z reported 1.53 volts at idle and 1.57 volts at load (not sure why voltage is higher at load)

Edited by Bryman

Has there been any official response from Corsair about the CPU usage issues? I haven't noticed any negative impact on performance thankfully but it's annoying to see 9-10% CPU usage all the time.

Corsair Chris has commented in this thread and has been passing the dump files along to the dev team.

No response back from him WRT any kind of resolution.

I've just been running it on initial boot to load my profile and then turning it off before it decides to bump one of the threads to 100%.

I have a sneaking suspicion that this has been going on for a while... I've had random instances of higher than normal temps ever since I installed my H100i GTX but didn't glom onto the maxed out thread until recently.

• 2 weeks later...
In my case usage is about 0,3% when minimized and a maximum of 1,2% when the windows is open.

For me it's about 1% cpu minimized and 1% cpu open... but at least it's not 12%

It's the Corsair Link Service that takes most of the cpu... not Corsair Link itself

No, it's not fixed

Still the same - 40% CPU load while idling.. i was holding hopes that it would be solved in the latest version, too

but it's not

Hrmmmm... over 4 days of 24/7 here without a return of the issue. Did you reboot after installing it? Maybe try uninstalling / re-installing?

If that doesn't do it... a copy of your dump file for the devs would probably be a good idea.

I can confirm it's not fixed. I went a very long time, over a week (with heavy usage) without the problem coming up, but last night I caught it happening again. So it's not a problem that happens very often, but it does still happen.

Iam still having the problem (about 16-18-24% cpu usage , 5930K win 8.1 pro , new build and fresh os). Without going into a bunch detail at the moment , Corsair link and service both contribute to this where service is the highest and link is about 5% .

Uninstalled , reinstalled the latest three versions , same .

Good thing this is a 6 core cpu otherwise this 16-24% would impact alot greater but is still quite annoying , and impacts certain programs and such and just should not be this high . (Hell my past i7 920 x58 sat at basicly 0% cpu with a rare 1-2% jump, but with no AIO cooler )

Edited by stereo55

• 1 month later...

I have version 4.2.3.41 on Windows 7 32-bit and CorsairLink4Service.exe is jumping constantly between 01% and 35%, so it's a real problem for me, CorsairLink4.exe is fine about 2-4%.

CPU

AMD Athlon 64X 4200+ so it's a real problem for me.

Edited by Qtomb3D
added CPU info

I have version 4.2.3.41 on Windows 7 32-bit and CorsairLink4Service.exe is jumping constantly between 01% and 35%.

You really need to add your PC specs to your profile. Without this information I can't sensibly comment.

How many logical CPUs does your system have and processor is it?

I found CL 4.2.3.41 used 50% of one CPU on my system which I feel is excessive. I reported this in http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=851734, but Corsair have failed to respond.

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed this as well, I opened task manager to try to figure out why my performance just dropped playing Doom, here Corsair Link 4 service is using 1 core at 100%. Anyway, restarting it seemed have fixed it, but came home from work and noticed it was using 1 core at 100% again.

CPU: i7 3770s 4.2ghz

RAM: 24GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz

MOBO: Asus P8Z77 - V

VIDEO: EVGA 2x GTX 780ti's

PSU: EVGA 1300 G2