Corsair Community

Corsair Link very high CPU usage

electricalplug

I have the exact same issue as Deadfreak. Running an i7 5970K with h100i GTX. Task Manager shows Corsair link using 10% of CPU, and 1 of the 12 threads is constantly at 100%. Exiting out of corsair link and then relaunching the application seems to fix the issue temporarily

Hope there is a fix soon.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@xplode-bg, thank you for providing us with the dump file. I've passed your system info and dump files over to the devs, I'll give you an update once we have one.

Any updates to this issue Chris? Seems like a lot of people including myself are having this issue.

I got a H80i V2 from Newegg for a product review. I just wanted to let you know that I am experiencing the same thing with CL4. One of my CPU cores is just pegged out at 100%. I'm running Win10 x64.

I haven't submitted my review yet. I wanted to see if there's a fix for this soon. Otherwise I'll have to mention something about it.

Thanks. Hopefully you'll be able to get this fixed. Best of luck.

I know everybody loves "me too" posts, but in this case I think it's worthwhile to keep the thread active.

Any updates on this yet?

I would have to agree. There should have been a fix by now i would think....makes me sad :bigeyes:

We're still looking into this issue, and we encourage those who haven't sent in their dump files to do so.

Will do next time the behaviour rears it's ugly head. Of course, in full accordance of Murphy's law it doesn't appear to be inclined to do so ATM :)

Not sure if it's relevant, but the PC this is appearing on runs 24/7 (no sleep/hibernation) pretty much until the next windows update required reboot.

Exiting the program when the excessive load occurs resolves the issue, but it returns when/if you restart shortly afterwards. Excessive load didn't immediately re-occur on restart after 24hrs+ but was back within a couple of hours.

The newest update that was released a few days ago hasn't seemed to fix the issue... I'm hoping it gets fixed soon

If I'm running folding@home at the time it happens, my computer literally starts freezing and it took over 20 seconds just to open task manager and 2 minutes to open Chrome... seriously?

I don't know how it causes the computer to freeze so much with folding@home set to low priority.. but it does

The new update appears to be using 4 - 5% according to task manager,which seems a little excessive for this type of program?

However my issues re excessive cpu use were / are intermittent so too early to tell for me.

Glad to see Corsair are on the case though :-)

The new update appears to be using 4 - 5% according to task manager,which seems a little excessive for this type of program?

However my issues re excessive cpu use were / are intermittent so too early to tell for me.

Glad to see Corsair are on the case though :-)

The normal cpu usage is between 1-3%

I wouldn't be so annoyed with it taking 12% of my cpu if it wasn't for the fact that it makes my computer freeze so bad that my mouse kept freezing and it took literally about ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY TIMES longer to do stuff...

Ridiculous...

It should take at the most 2-3 seconds to open Chrome and a second to open task manager... it took 2 minutes to open Chrome and almost 30 seconds to open task manager...

Oh, and I got this in folding@home once I closed Corsair Link

http://i.imgur.com/ErdXmEy.png

I was hoping this last update fixed the 100% on one core CPU usage, but no luck.

However, I have noticed that cpu/fan/temps monitoring all stop working when it happens, except for my video card and H100i GTX, they continue to work fine.

Yep had this issue today as well. Maxed out one of my cores until I restarted CorsairLink. I don't think that was happening to me with the last version but it is with the new version. 4.2.1.42 is what it did it to me on. I think when I had the last version I never noticed this happening. Its making me want to hook my fans into my CPU fan headers and just set my H115i pump to run performance and stop using the software.

I have the same old problem in the latest version as well. Do we need new dump for the new version ?

Probably not, they probably just haven't fixed it yet

I hope it gets fixed soon though, if I forget to close it I notice pretty quickly... it'll take 2 minutes to open stuff up on the computer instead of 2 seconds

I just upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 today. I had been using Link version 2.7.xxxx prior with no problems.

After installing the latest version of Link, I'm no longer able to see any of the system fans in the Configure tab.

I'm averaging around 4% CPU usage (hardware shown in profile).

Honestly, I liked 2.7 better so far.