Corsair Community

MX Silent delete key does not work.. but..

vampire2k5

• 1 month later...

Same problem here. Strafe RGB & Silent Switches.

The mech key itself it's registering fine, but I've never understand yet why sometimes is working and sometimes not. BTW, if just pressing the single DEL key does not work try SHIFT +DEL, that should always do the job.

On Corsair Utility engine everything is fine, key is set on "Delete. Delete". On a previous keyboard I had the numlock could disable the CANC key.

For example yesterday night it wasn't working, I had to press shift+canc (I had a long session opened for a couple of days, and maybe pressed something casually during that long lapse of time). Now that I did a cold boot about 1 hour ago is working normally.

I suspect there's a sort of combination of keys or something that disables CANC, maybe some sort of recycle bin protection. I just know I accidentally turned OFF quite many times the CANC key (don't know how), but once it's disabled I've never got it back to normal mode without rebooting.

It's sure something "stupid" or something I accidentally press disables the key, but didn't figure it out yet.

Maybe other Strafe / Corsair users feedback can help to sort this out

• Corsair Employees

For those of you who are experiencing this, may i ask how you guys are using the "delete" key? Are you guys just highlighting text and hitting the "delete" key?

Can you Disable CUE and see if the delete key works that way?

As soon as vampire2k5 created this thread, I tried replicating this but had no luck.

• 2 weeks later...

I also have this problem. But it is intermittent Brank new UK Stafe with MX Brown.

Delete button does not work as intended. The physical button is working but does not delete text etc.

I expect it to work by:-

a) deleting text to the right of the cursor - it does not

b) deleting text that is highlighted by the mouse - it does not

c) deleting emails from Live mail etc - it does not.

I tried shift+delete - it does work but it deletes text to the left of the cursor, 30 years of using delete to the right - i'm not going to get over it.

It still doesn't work if I quit CUE.

Though I say it's intermittent - At the start of writing this reply it did not work, but the end it works again....!!:bigeyes:

• 2 weeks later...
I also have this problem. But it is intermittent Brank new UK Stafe with MX Brown.

Delete button does not work as intended. The physical button is working but does not delete text etc.

I expect it to work by:-

a) deleting text to the right of the cursor - it does not

b) deleting text that is highlighted by the mouse - it does not

c) deleting emails from Live mail etc - it does not.

I tried shift+delete - it does work but it deletes text to the left of the cursor, 30 years of using delete to the right - i'm not going to get over it.

It still doesn't work if I quit CUE.

Though I say it's intermittent - At the start of writing this reply it did not work, but the end it works again....!!:bigeyes:

bit more info, i think it's something to do with EVGA PrecisionX v16, when i close it delete key starts working again.

There are some threads about it over at evga

http://forums.evga.com/Apparent-bug-with-EVGA-PrescisionX-16-DEL-key-stops-working-m2443780.aspx

bit more info, i think it's something to do with EVGA PrecisionX v16, when i close it delete key starts working again.

http://forums.evga.com/Apparent-bug-with-EVGA-PrescisionX-16-DEL-key-stops-working-m2443780.aspx

Damn, thank you so much !! :greengrin :bigeyes:

Actually seemed reaaally strange from the beginning and I was a bit surprised that this was directly related to the keyboard, but I also would never thought it could a completely separated cause or a software.

No Corsair's fault at all... The thing came out on the Corsair Forum just cause many EVGA/Nvidia peeps having corsair's gear. I actually disabled Precision X from launching at startup and this explains why it was ok immediately after a boot but stopped working from a certain point, cause I had Precision X in background

• Corsair Employees

Very interesting find. Thanks for sharing!

Archived