Corsair Community

LED Flicker Fix?

delslow

Hi,

I've read in the comments section that the K70 RGB - 2016 edition has updated LED control hardware that fixes the LED flicker issue. Is this true? If not, how is the 2016 edition any different from the previous 2 models (Tramp Stamp or Original Corsair Sail Logo)?

Thanks!

What Jkraghify said. Sites/sellers around are now using "Generation 1/2/3" or "2016 version" to differentiate the 3 different logos and this is causing confusion, making users think that the keyboard hardware was updated when infact it is still the same from the start.

The only thing that changes, as I just mentioned above, is the logo.

What Jkraghify said. Sites/sellers around are now using "Generation 1/2/3" or "2016 version" to differentiate the 3 different logos and this is causing confusion, making users think that the keyboard hardware was updated when infact it is still the same from the start.

The only thing that changes, as I just mentioned above, is the logo.

So sites/sellers are using a strong term such as "Updated for 2016" for something as simple as a Logo? The only freaking difference between the three SKUs is the logo? /smh.

Back into the basement until a legitimate K70 RGB revision 2. (the new Logitech Keyboard that launched today is temping tho.)

Techno,

You can make things right (and make a LOT of people happy) by just releasing a true Corsair K70/K95 RGB "Gen 2" (gotta go with the current name flow of the day) with the improved LED controller and keep everything else the same.

I know this is against protocol but if you guys also used a standard sized bottom row on a Gen 2, do you guys realize just how many more customers you will get? Replacing caps on keyboards is literally an art form, these days...(when ONE keycap can sell for $300...well...you know something's up).

• Corsair Employees

I know this is against protocol but if you guys also used a standard sized bottom row on a Gen 2, do you guys realize just how many more customers you will get? Replacing caps on keyboards is literally an art form, these days...(when ONE keycap can sell for $300...well...you know something's up).

We are the new standard.:D: What if we released a variety of key caps in the future?

• 1 month later...
Mr. Henry, do you think in future to fix this flickering problem on k70 rgb or not??? At moment im trying to choose RGB keyboard and want to know!

Yes and no.

They will never be able to fix the flicker issue in the current K65/K70/K95 RGB because the fix requires to use a new/better LED controller (like the new Strafe RGB does).

If they ever release an updated version of those keyboards with a new LED controller, then yes it will be fixed in those new versions.

The K70 and K95 rgb will flicker when animated in 16.8 million color mode. Corsair has claimed they cannot fix this because it is a limitation of the lighting controller itself. If you are happy with static lighting or animations with 512 colors, you can avoid the flicker on the Kxx RGB boards.

Otherwise, the STRAFE RGB has the updated LED controller that can handle 16.8 million colors

Edit* Terabyte beat me to it! :P

Archived