Corsair Community

K70 RGB LED Lifetime

PR3D4TOR

Hi,

I have got my second K70 (had the previous non RGB Red K70 and a K95) and i want to ask a simply question:

If i choose one of these amazing RGB Profiles that switch colors n stuff very often i must ask myself: Is the life span of the LED(s) reduced when switching colors that often and quickly?

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
Bump, I'd like to know this as well. I couldn't find anyone else mentioning it or having any problems with it (which is probably a good thing), but it would be nice to have peace a mind knowing that my keyboard's lifetime won't be affected with my 111 back-lit keys rapidly changing colours all the time. :)

• Corsair Employees
No, the life span of the LED doesn't decrease because its changing colors. The lifespan of a LED is based on how many hours it stays lit. We also use high quality LED (RGB functionality requires it) so you can be assured it'll last a long time. We're not using the LEDs found on a Christmas tree, for example.

Thanks James I had a k95 and the LEDs slowly burnt out so I got an RGB version, which is hell cool by the way. Anyway I am a bit nervous of burnout (due to the high cost of the KB) although I have read the RGB does not suffer this problem. Thank you for your reassurance.

Archived