Corsair Community

H100iGTX pump fan speed not registering

blackpr0j3ct

The pump's speed of my H100iGTX isn't registering both on the CL (latest version) and on my bios.

What I did to isolate the problem:

1. Plugged the pump 3pin to a 3rd party fan controller and still doesnt register the speed.

2. Plugged a 3pin corsair fan on the cpuFan header and it shows the fan speed on bios and CL.

3. Plugged a 4pin fan on the cpuFan header and also shows the rpm on both.

4. Plugged a 3pin fan to the cpuFan header and rpm shows on bios and CL.

5. Plugged a 4pin fan to the cpuFan header and rpm also shows both on bios and CL.

1. You need to use CL or a 3rd party program that can read the pump speed over the USB connection.
  2. Have you disabled CPU_FAN control in the BIOS?
  3. Does a Corsair Hydro Series 7289 USB Device show up in the USB section of device manager?
  4. Does it have a yellow triangle and if so what does properties report as the error code.

1. You need to use CL or a 3rd party program that can read the pump speed over the USB connection.
  2. Have you disabled CPU_FAN control in the BIOS?
  3. Does a Corsair Hydro Series 7289 USB Device show up in the USB section of device manager?
  4. Does it have a yellow triangle and if so what does properties report as the error code.

1. CL(latest version) shows fan rpm but 0 rpm on pump.

2. CPU fan control in bios is set to disabled.

3. Yes.

4. No.

Would RMA cover the shipping expense considering im living in asia?

I don't know if Asia is different to England, ask when you request the RMA.

I think it depends how old it is, I seem to recall yes if it's < 30 days. There is also an express option so you get the new one and then return the old one, but you need to provide CC details.

I have the pump reporting issue. I use both of my USB1 and USB2 pins for the 4 USB 2.0 ports on the 600 T case with my Z97 MPower Max AC board. Am I able to utilize the JFP1 port to view the pump rpm and colors in Corsair Link? Or does it have to be USB? I was trying to avoid unplugging 2 of the case ports, but I will if I have to.

Archived