Corsair Community

Boosting Void Wireless Headset Mic?

DesertxFox

Is it possible? I have the CUE software, but nothing I try in there seems to help boost my mic volume and when I try to boost it from the recording devices there is no option to boost the mic.

I really like everything else about this headset, it's comfortable and the audio is great. I'd really hate to have to return it because the mic isn't sensitive, or loud enough for people to hear me properly when I talk to them. (I mainly use skype also...)

Could be a faulty microphone if its already bent like the examples in the thread.

Try the headeet on another computer. Is it the same thing?

Before considering returning the headset for a replacement, double check the microphone volume as well as the recording volume in Skype and other VOIP programs. If they are all maxed and the volume is still low. Contact your retailer and ask if they can replace the headset for you or request an RMA to replace the headset.

I just bought the VOID 7.1 USB version. Same issue as many others have, microphone sensitivity too low. Nobody hears me and no windows 7 microphone volume adjustment seems to work.

Until.... some article tells me to unistall the Realtek drivers. Well, VOID uses USB and no plugs to the soundcard, can't go wrong here!

And it worked!

Restaring windows brings the Realtek drivers back but somehow allowing higher priority to the USB devices or Skype... or something. Anyhow, now I'm too loud so I have to bring the mic volyme down to 25%!

I was really close to return the headset, until I heard of a post in a Skype forum about a similar issue.

I do have ONE Complaint: The Manual download on the Corsair homepage does not work! Please do something about it. I had to google it in order to get it.

Did you note what version the Realtek drivers were?

Either way, glad to hear uninstalling the onboard audio resolved the issue. Hopefully OP's issue will be resolved.

Which manual link is not working? The links to the technical guide and manual from the VOID Wireless headset pages are working fine on my side.

The problem is back. Now I need to turn all micrpohone levels to 100% in order to be heard. Perhaps the priority created by the removal of Realtek drivers was temporary, atleast it makes no sense to me.

I actually had the same with my analogue headset but I could use microphone boost which solved that issue. VOID uses USB so there's no boost available.

Archived