Corsair Community

Macro won't stop? even when you unplug and change computers? i am here to help!

Vodkaz

So your macro won't stop, it keeps going and just wont give up, its going so fast that your pc is opening a bunch of things and you just don't know what to do

if you're thinking of returning your beast of keyboard because of this! DON'T!

this is what you do:

Unplug your keyboard.

if the macro is continuing on and on restart your PC.

if you have a password on your pc and have no keyboard to type find the on screen keyboard and log on.

once on your pc make your way to the corsair program.

on the action tab of corsair program, find and delete the macro that won't stop. plug in your keyboard and enjoy the easy fix!

This macro bug really pissed me off! and i was going to return this beast but used my head and fixed this on my own, without a customer support agent.

hope this helps most people!

http://i.imgur.com/96Pt57M.png

There is really no need for all of this. The macro gets executed from CUE directly, it doesn't matter if you unplug the keyboard or not.

Simply right click on the CUE tray icon and click on "Stop all macros" in the menu that appears. If that doesn't work (or you can't do it for any reason) close CUE, if that still doesn't work (or can't be done) restart the PC and you're fine.

This is a very rare occurrence anyway, I had it happen a few times in the past but I believe they fixed it in a CUE update.

• 2 months later...

No it hasn't been fixed because it happens to me every day. Unplugging the keyboard doesn't work. "Stop all macros" doesn't work because you can't get to it if the macro is for left-click, for me at least. With the macro firing left-clicks so fast, I can't right-click. In the meantime, moving the mouse around the desktop makes programs launch, close, rearrange windows, etc. Everything goes crazy.

Btw, control+break does not work. I hate this K95 but it's past the return-for-refund date. This is a lousy keyboard with missing basic functions that have been brought up by the community for over a year, probably longer by other members. The only response from the developers is that they are working on it; which means they put it at the back of the to-do list because members had the audacity to point out that CUE lags behind the competition in some very basic functions.

• 1 year later...

Hi

I'm not sure I have the same issue here. My keyboard is a K70 RGB Rapidfire with software version 2.6.79 (it says it's the latest version, but when I click check for updates, it just gives me an warning - "the corsair utility engine has detected an error during software update check" without specifying what the actual error is.

But here is my problem:

I can't seem to get rid of my macro. I tried experimenting with some actions and now I have like 2 actions bound to my Standart profile. Every time I delete the actions, they are just back as soon as I restart my machine. Have no idea what I do wrong. But it drives me nuts as I can't use that specific num button anymore. Just need to delete action every single time.

Have anyone encountered those issues? And is there a way around it?

I'm not sure I have the same issue here.

here is my problem:

I can't seem to get rid of my macro. I tried experimenting with some actions and now I have like 2 actions bound to my Standart profile. Every time I delete the actions, they are just back as soon as I restart my machine. Have no idea what I do wrong. But it drives me nuts as I can't use that specific num button anymore. Just need to delete action every single time.

Have anyone encountered those issues? And is there a way around it?

Try the following sequence:

1. Delete your actions.
  2. Export your profile.
  3. Delete your profile.
  4. Restart your machine.
  5. Import your profile.

You do not have the same problem as this thread describes; if you need further assistance, please start a new thread.