Corsair Community

H2100 Surround Sound Issue.

lulzylemon

Just bought a new H2100 from Best Buy tonight as a suggestion from a friend. Although it seems my headset has an issue with voice chat in 7.1 and 5.1 with users and even game sounds sounding like they are being played through a tin can. I have searched the forum and it seems I am not the only one but on that note that there is also no solution to it either.

It's hard to determine whether or not the 'tin can effect' is normal or not as everyone has a different perception of sound.

i would try the headset on another computer and see if the tin can effect is still present. Also make sure the default format is set on CD quality instead of DVD quality.

If you have tried the H2100 elsewhere and the sound was different with the Dolby Surround enabled to your headset, it's probably a faulty headset. You can contact Best Buy to replace the headset or request an RMA to replace it via Corsair.

Thank you for your reply Toasted. I tried them on another computer and the problems persists. My buddy and I are going to get together one day this week and see if it's maybe just me since I'm not used to it or the headsets in general and if so exchange them for another pair at bestbuy. It just really sucks since they work perfectly fine listening to music. It's just during voice and games.

Thank you for your reply Toasted. I tried them on another computer and the problems persists. My buddy and I are going to get together one day this week and see if it's maybe just me since I'm not used to it or the headsets in general and if so exchange them for another pair at bestbuy

Archived