Corsair Community

Custom Keycaps

Wulfster

First and foremost hi to everyone, this is my first post here :biggrin:

I've got the Strafe RGB with silent switches and I absoloutely love it! The only drawback for me is the lack of support for customisation when it comes to the keycaps.

I'm using an ISO uk layout version and support for ISO sucks basically, but is made worse by the fact that row1 is non standard and damn hard to find a Tsangan (winkeyless) set for.

I'm currently using a set of white ABS ducky shine 4 keycaps minus the CTRL, windows, FN and Menu key plus the spacebar as they're so different. This is a real shame as the the white keycaps backlit on this thing look absoloutely stunning.

Is it realistic to ask Corsair to produce a set of white backlit keycaps for their boards, specially as they're not standard and so damn hard to get hold of? My only glimmer of hope atm is that Vortex are apparently doing an ISO version of their double shot pbt/pom backlit keys WITH extra keys for us Corsair and Logitech users. Having looked on their site though I'm not overly optimistic as they hardly ever respond and have been quiet for a while.

Anyone else run into these problems with customising Corsair boards?

Best regards

Wulfster

Hi and thanks for the reply.

Kinda figured as much, in all fairness though if they don't intend to support a custom layout they should really have made it standard. Not like swapping keycaps is the reserve of ultra geeks.:(:

For anyone in this position the best solution I could find is this customisable key set (abs) http://www.maxkeyboard.com/iso-layout-custom-color-cherry-mx-keycap-set-top-print-blank.html

This allows you to select 6.5 unit space bar layout that matches Corsairs bottom row. You can also select the keycap colours but no backlit legends as yet.

Peace all,

Wulfster

Archived