Corsair Community

Help plugging my H80i GT

Bullz2

I've just installed the H80i GT into my case.

I've plugged the radiator fans into the specified cable and the corsair link cable to the USB header. Only cable I have yet to plug is the water pump cable.

H80i GT Manual says to plug it into CPU_FAN header, however my motherboard has a W_PUMP header. So should i plug it into the fan header or pump header?

Also, I've read on the corsair website that I ''may'' have to disable cpu fan control in the bios... How do I know if I indeed need to disable it or not??

Thank you

Use the CPU_FAN header and disable fan control for the CPU fan in the BIOS, though on some ASUS boards you need to select PWM control rather then disabling CPU fan control.

Both CL3 + CL4 can report the CPU_FAN header, but can't report the W_PUMP header as it's reported via the Embedded Controller which they do not support. This is why you should use CPU_FAN.

Use the CPU_FAN header and disable fan control for the CPU fan in the BIOS, though on some ASUS boards you need to select PWM control rather then disabling CPU fan control.

Both CL3 + CL4 can report the CPU_FAN header, but can't report the W_PUMP header as it's reported via the Embedded Controller which they do not support. This is why you should use CPU_FAN.

My bios has both options, so should i disable or use pwm mode?

Archived