Corsair Community

Matching up memory sticks (3200llpt with 3200c2pt)

Carphunter

I have some RAM I bought in March from new egg. It's Corsair, and the old invoice specifies it as DDRAM 512MB64MX64PC-3200LLPT COR RT.

I want to buy another stick to bring myself up to 1GB, but when I run the search at their site, it comes back recomending CMX512-3200C2PT as the first choice. ( did manage to find what appears to be the same memory as my original order, but it's coming through as about double the cost of the 3200c2pt)

Will a 3200llpt and a 3200c2pt dimms match up well? Any timing issues or obvious things I'm missing here? (just checked your faq...and i see the c2 is supposed to be 2 3 3 6, where ll should be 2 3 2 6. NE is listing the c2 as having 2 3 2 6... are they messed up? How big a deal will this be?

Mixing revisions and types of RAM is a BAD idea. You can have anything from instability to a system that will not even boot. My advice is to buy a TwinX 1024mb kit of PC3200XL and find another use for the single stick of PC3200LL. You will probably save yourself a major headache this way.

Mike.

Archived