Corsair Community

Low performance on a Aopen AX4CMax?

Got a pair of TwinX 1024-3200LL on an AOPEN AX4CMax. Here's the data of AIDA32: reading 4103MB/sec writing 1481. According to AIDA a 3200 DDR memory should be much better in result. Is this true? My hardware settings are: Voltage 2.5 is this OK? and 2/6/3/2 in the Bios from top to down Thanks for your postings folks.

Mike, thanks for your reply. I can't raise the voltage in the actual bios. I did in the old bios version up to 2.6V but it didn't change a lot. Aopen AX4CMax has changed the settings in the Bios with the latest update. Now there is AUTO or if you go in it starts with 2.5V guess I better not try this one. My settings of the timings are exactly as per spec of Corsair. Why do I have a that much lower performance in AIDA and Sandra. Is it a prob of the mother board? Would you recommend changing the timings, and if which ones. Thanks for your suggestions folks. Bernd

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Bernd1955 [/i] [B]My CPU is a 3GHZ P4-800, however I've returned the PC to the dealer and asked for an exchange of the mobo towards an ASUS as I am fed up with the Aopen. Let's see how the sticks perform in the new one. Will report. Thanks Bernd [/B][/QUOTE] In my opinion, good choice on the Asus. Good luck and let us know how it goes. Mike

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employees
Honestly I have tested a few models and found them to be stable and good performers. Probably there was just some setting not set correctly or you just had a bad module or some other part in your system failing. I just tested this model with AIDA32 and got 4312 at default speeds with out the chipset driver installed and 4559 with all drivers installed the Dram Voltage set to 2.75 Volts. Bios version 1.10 AOPEN AX4C Max Ram Guy

• 3 months later...
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by RAM GUY [/i] [B]Honestly I have tested a few models and found them to be stable and good performers. Probably there was just some setting not set correctly or you just had a bad module or some other part in your system failing. I just tested this model with AIDA32 and got 4312 at default speeds with out the chipset driver installed and 4559 with all drivers installed the Dram Voltage set to 2.75 Volts. Bios version 1.10 AOPEN AX4C Max Ram Guy [/B][/QUOTE] I have the same mb and was wondering what the settings you would reccommend for the corsair DDR 2x256MBTWINX512-3200LLPT COR RT I am running xp home with p4 3.0 800fsb I have had problems with it running stable and had the sticks tested and they show no errors? Will these sticks run stable in this board and if so at what settings? Thanks For any help I am just at my wits end here..........

I am testing an A4XC-MaxII board now, and I can tell ya this: IT IS THE WORSE BOARD FOR RAM I HAVE EVER SEEN!!! Or in other words, heh, I have not been able to get any ram to run above 271 or so at either 1:1, 5:4, or 3:2! The board has stupendous VCORE, possibly the best I've seen, but memory timings are too stringent in the BIOS. I am running the latest 1.08 BIOS. I've tried XMS3500, OCZ PC3700 Golds, ADATA PC450. Memtest is totally clean up to 292 fsb on my 2.40C, which means the CPU and ram is stable, but 3D kicks out with corrupted files, or I get random reboots, until fsb is dropped below 270. Doesn't matter 5:4 or 3:2. These point to memory issues. Also VDIMM regulation is poor: at 2.85 volts I can only run my XMS3500 at DDR426, 2-2-2-5 when it is capable of DDR440-455 there on other boards. Even my ADATA PC4000, which usually runs well over 270, 1:1, 3-4-4-7 on every board I've tried, can only muster 270 or so 3D stable. Keep your fsb under 270-271 (run high multi CPUs like 2.60-3.0Cs) and you should be OK. I am keeping the board as the 875P chip in it smokes, and I can overclock 5 mhz higher on it with a stubborn 2.60C, compared to a P4P800, same VCORE. I am getting the best 3DMark scores over 3.5 gig of any rig I've tried so far. I'm running a 2.60C at 270 fsb, 1:1, 3-4-4-7 with ADATA PC450.

• Corsair Employees
Well many of the MB's I have tested top out about 270 to 280 there are only a few that will do above 275 1 to1. But I would give it some time for the bios to mature they seem to try really hard to solve problems.

Archived