Corsair Community

CUE/Corsair Gaming is Doomed!

IoannisKon

It is a known fact that X99 motherboards have had more issues compared to others. And this is not just talking about Corsair or CUE, I've read horror stories all over the place about X99.

If you never had a single issue then you've been quite lucky :):

You have heard but have you experienced? We hear horror stories everyday. I have read both in these forums and online that the Corsair Hx1200i and the Hx850i PS are very bad and in some cases have blown up out of the box.... But hey I own both and never had a problem. Hopefully you understand where I'm going with this. And I guess one reason my X99 boards are solid is there from a Workstation family and workstations are notorious for high end performance.

You have heard but have you experienced? We hear horror stories everyday. I have read both in these forums and online that the Corsair Hx1200i and the Hx850i PS are very bad and in some cases have blown up out of the box.... But hey I own both and never had a problem. Hopefully you understand where I'm going with this. And I guess one reason my X99 boards are solid is there from a Workstation family and workstations are notorious for high end performance.

Seeing as I work in hardware (I'm a lead development engineer and also double as sysadmin at my company) I'd say that I have the authority to say that X99 boards have an absurd amount of problems, yeah. In particular, they have USB enumeration issues that lead to some USB devices acting really wonky. These can also cause issues with CUE, though they've been working hard to reduce those problems.

Have you not read my posts? I've tried a 1080 and 720 on two different computers and I haven't had an issue.

I'm curious. When auto-switching doesn't work, does going into CUE change the currently-active profile? (You'll have to have a different one active from the one that's selected in CUE)

The point I'm trying to make is that CUE doesn't look at resolutions. It gets a list of running applications and tries to see which one is in focus. It does this with Windows API calls designed for that kind of task. We're trying to help you figure out the root cause, because saying the resolution is causing this is somewhat akin to saying that changing resolutions could cause your Task Manager to stop listing tasks.

Seeing as I work in hardware (I'm a lead development engineer and also double as sysadmin at my company) I'd say that I have the authority to say that X99 boards have an absurd amount of problems, yeah. In particular, they have USB enumeration issues that lead to some USB devices acting really wonky. These can also cause issues with CUE, though they've been working hard to reduce those problems.

Have you not read my posts? I've tried a 1080 and 720 on two different computers and I haven't had an issue.

I'm curious. When auto-switching doesn't work, does going into CUE change the currently-active profile? (You'll have to have a different one active from the one that's selected in CUE)

The point I'm trying to make is that CUE doesn't look at resolutions. It gets a list of running applications and tries to see which one is in focus. It does this with Windows API calls designed for that kind of task. We're trying to help you figure out the root cause, because saying the resolution is causing this is somewhat akin to saying that changing resolutions could cause your Task Manager to stop listing tasks.

Check this....

System One. Fully water cooled apart from 960

Asus X99-E WS, 5960X, NVidia Titan X, NVidia 960, 64GB corsair Ram, Hx1200i, 2x 2 TB Spinpoint, 6xSSD (all Samsung), Samsung 950Pro M.2 where system sits,

USB... Focusrite 2i4, Wacom Cintiq 22HD, Hx1200i, NI Maschine Studio, Steinberg USB E licenser, Akai MPK mini, Alesis Qx49.

Software, Adobe CC fullsuite, Steinberg fullsuite, Native instruments......and about £25,000+ worth of plugins and other bits......

NO PROBLEMS WHAT SO EVER most notable NO PROBLEMS AT ALL WITH USB devices until I plugin yeah you got it.... The Corsair keyboard and mouse.

System two.

Asus X99-M WS, 5820K, NVidia 980ti Hybrid, Hx850i, Corsair Sp2500 Speakers, Focusrite 2i4, 5x SSD (various) 2x 3tb Green, Samsung 256 950pro m.2, Again a lot of software but none that is on system one.

Again this system works perfect and NO problems with USB at all until......you got it, I plugin the Corsair Mouse and Keyboard.

I recently dropped two Logitech G19 keyboards from these systems and again I never had a problem. the only reason I dropped these keys is because I wanted a system where I could colour code the keys per program allowing me to use the coloured keys to highlight my shortcuts. To much software to many shortcuts to remember so it makes sense to have a RGB keyboard to help me remember all these shortcuts.

And like I said these Workstation Boards have just in the past 2 weeks crunched best part of 10+TB's of data flawlessly. Not one hiccup, not one crash/hang absolutely nothing.........Except the Corsair Mouse and Keyboards.

Wow too much pain!!!

All I want to say is that if a USER/CUSTOMER can spend his own time, publishing programms and sharing them with us (Corsair Community) like the one mentioned previously, then Corsair should publish something like that or better.

But how to move a step forward if you don't fix the existing problems??

I got the Gaming H2100 Wireless Headset and sometimes in games i lose sound. I have to unplug/plug again the usb stick in order to get the sound back.

Same upplies with my K95 RGB Gaming keyboard. When in games, lighting is freezing and CUE reports device malfuction. I have to quit and open CUE again.

So speaking the truth Corsair Gaming is selling products which are malfunctioning while gaming... that's kind of ironic. Don't you think?

When you become a jack off all trades this is what happens. To many doggy products are coming to the market from Corsair. Cosmetically Corsair hardware looks great but what's under the hood is not so good. People will wake up to this and move on.... Ask Logitech they will tell you about getting S@#T wrong.

Archived