Corsair Community

H80i GT Failure After Road Trip

pepsison

Hello everyone,

First post so I'm sorry if I have missed any rules or anything. I built my system over winter break and it was running without issue. When it was time to go back to college, I put it in the car, made sure it would not shift around, and went on my way. When I got to school, I set it up in my dorm and now my processor is idling at 80C. The fans are spinning perfectly fine. I'm not sure if the pump is working properly. I put my ear against the water line and it sounds like something is flowing but I'm not sure. Still new to water cooling. Any help or explanation would be greatly appreciated.

I have checked to make sure the cooler is still secure and it is. I have also searched the lines for any visible leaks or damage that may have caused this and I have found nothing. I have some IC Diamond in the mail and plan to remove the cooler to see if there is some obvious problem.

Thank you.

What is the pump RPM? You can find this in the BIOS or the LINK software?

All Asetek coolers such as the H80iGT report a fan speed to the CPU_FAN header, so you can't check the pump speed in the BIOS. The only way to check the pump speed is to use software that reads this via the USB connection.

Thank you for your response. In the short time I'm able to keep the computer on, I was able to verify that the pump is working. I don't remember it's speed though and would prefer not to boot it until I have a way to keep it cooled. I am able to keep it on in the BIOS for a few minutes but booting to Windows pushes the temps to high and actually caused a thermal shutdown.

SOLVED! The issue was that the vibrations from the car shook the screw on the water block a little loose. Not much. Just enough for the stock thermal paste to dry out. Replaced it with some IC Diamond and it's running perfectly. Thank you to everyone that at least replied to this thread.

Archived