Corsair Community

New K95 Owner- Single Key RGB Issue

grimlock

I purchased two K95 Keyboards today, and one is acting oddly with a single key. I started by playing with the keyboard that is now not working correctly, by importing some profiles, etc.

I decided I wanted to customize both keyboards with a basic white back light for all the keys as a default. It works perfectly, except for one thing. The mute button does not sync correctly. If I select white for the key, I get light blue.

Here's what I'm getting with the basic color palate from left to right:

Black=No Light

Red=No Light

Green=Green

Blue=Blue

Yellow=Green

Purple=Blue

Orange=Green

Pink=Blue

White=Light Blue

Light Blue=Blue

Magenta=Dark Blue

Dark Red=No Light

Pink2=Really faint dark blue

Lime Green=Green

Bright Pink=Dark Blue

Orange=Green

I've attempted to import all the profiles from the keyboard that is working correctly, but that doesn't fix things. I reinstalled the CUE software, and that made no difference.

So is there something wrong with the keyboard, or something wrong with the user (me)?

I attached a picture with every key supposedly set to white. The mute key is a light blue. The photo isn't great, but I thought maybe it would help.

Thanks in advance!

FullSizeRender.jpg.c9a7d1f26075270595df1673753ceef5.jpg

Just out of curiosity do you mind saying where you bought your's from? I bought the brown switch model from Amazon and I've been having issues figuring out the lighting. Can't seem to ever get it where I want.

Just out of curiosity do you mind saying where you bought your's from? I bought the brown switch model from Amazon and I've been having issues figuring out the lighting. Can't seem to ever get it where I want.

I bought a Brown CH-9000221-NA from Central Computers (a local store) and a Red CH-9000220-NA from newegg.com.

Mine has no issues other than the mute key. And this isn't a subtle issue, it is displaying completely the wrong color on that key. I am attaching another picture. I imported the Iron-man profile from the Corsair download website, and obviously the theme is all orange and red. My mute key is green, while it is orange in the CUE software.

My iphone doesn't take the best pictures of the LEDs, but you should get the idea.

I pretty much assume I am screwed and will need to return this to newegg. Hopefully someone will point out something stupid that I missed, but I just can't see how. I think I understand the basics of the software pretty well!

2.jpg.9ddb0dca2ba11149b48deb8d6d1f0b55.jpg

It sounds like the red LED is either dead or not receiving power... You can contact corsair support and ask for help with a hard firmware reset. Sometimes these lighting issues are caused by a firmware glitch (what you did to re-flash the firmware may have not fixed it). You have two options for RMA/support.

• RMA the board to newegg
  • Open a ticket with Corsair Technical Support
    • ask to be guided through a hard firmware reset
    • if that doesn't work, RMA through either Corsair or Newegg

Here's another quick shot I took with all the lights off (other than the keyboard) in the room. I also took a shot of the CUE software so you can see that all the setting are correct (I'm 99.9999% sure, I'm not missing something!)

FullSizeRender.thumb.jpg.ba730dcfe9cc4b32a988731d800e2a3c.jpg

IMG_3036.JPG.eb30070a3b9ffcefc2c971046a0814ed.JPG

It sounds like the red LED is either dead or not receiving power... You can contact corsair support and ask for help with a hard firmware reset. Sometimes these lighting issues are caused by a firmware glitch (what you did to re-flash the firmware may have not fixed it). You have two options for RMA/support.

• RMA the board to newegg
  • Open a ticket with Corsair Technical Support
    • ask to be guided through a hard firmware reset
    • if that doesn't work, RMA through either Corsair or Newegg

Thanks, I will try that.

• Corsair Employee
What would be really cool would be if they would just let me swap it out at their offices in Fremont. I'm only 20 minutes away.

We don't have any units in the Fremont HQ office. However if your RMA has been approved, you can ask for a roll call and pick it up from our hayward hub.

We don't have any units in the Fremont HQ office. However if your RMA has been approved, you can ask for a roll call and pick it up from our hayward hub.

While I submitted a service ticket, would I be better served to just return it to newegg? How long does the RMA process take?

• Corsair Employee
While I submitted a service ticket, would I be better served to just return it to newegg? How long does the RMA process take?

Provide me with your ticket number and I will have someone take a look at it. For the will call, you will need to phone into customer service once it has been approved.

For a standard RMA, it can take anywhere from 2-3 weeks to get a replacement because we need to receive the unit first. We also have an Express RMA, that allows us to ship out the replacement unit to you first. For this option we are required to put a hold on your CC for the cost of the unit. Assuming we have the unit in stock, you will receive the replacement within 1 week or so.

Provide me with your ticket number and I will have someone take a look at it. For the will call, you will need to phone into customer service once it has been approved.

For a standard RMA, it can take anywhere from 2-3 weeks to get a replacement because we need to receive the unit first. We also have an Express RMA, that allows us to ship out the replacement unit to you first. For this option we are required to put a hold on your CC for the cost of the unit. Assuming we have the unit in stock, you will receive the replacement within 1 week or so.

OK, I PMed you the ticket number. Honestly, if this can't be fixed by a forced reset of the board, I think its just easier to return it to newegg, and pick up a replacement board at Central Computers or Fry's. I'm assuming there is a hardware issue with the key having no red tones.

• Corsair Employee

@Grimlock - Your RMA should be approved. Go ahead and call into customer service and check to see if the will call is available. My apologies that i dont have access to the same system.

Edit: or call in for a hard reset. I hope it works out

Corsair Customer service was great, but it was going to take the 3+ weeks to get me a replacement K95, so I decided to contact newegg and see if they could do any better. Newegg was willing to send me a new K95 for no charge shipped via next day mail, so that's the route I decided to go.

Thanks for the help though Henry, it makes a difference!

As a total side story- I originally bought two of your competitor's boards late in December 2015. The KM780 RGB board (a clear rip-off of the K70/95). I loved the price I got on their board ($129 + 4gb free DD3 ram per keyboard). They arrived, the software loaded perfectly, I customized them, and I was thrilled. Once I restarted the computer(s) a single time, the software wouldn't work, period. Neither computer would run the software. I contacted their customer support...I am still waiting to hear back. I returned them both to newegg and switched to the K95.

I like that there are actually people out there standing behind their product and helping. Sure, it would have been nice if the keyboard arrive issue free, but at least Corsair is willing to remedy the issue and have a dialogue with their customers. I think it is important that Corsair continues to do this!

Share this with your superiors. Let them know that being active on a forum like this is critical to long-term business growth.

I received the new K95 through newegg, and everything seems to be working correctly.

The only problem I'm having is trying to figure out what there is no "indicator" setting for the mute button in CUE. I want it to change colors based on if mute is on or off like I can do with the macro or windows lock keys.

Archived