Corsair Community

How to fix a Entry point problem with the Corsair Strafe rgb keyboard

Timberwolf151

So I try to install the CUE for the strafe keyboard and I get a message that tells me "The procedure entry point CM_Request_device_EjectW could not be located in the dynamic link library CFGMGR32.dll." And I do not know what else to do I have tried going to Google but have found no help there. Also at the top of the error it says "CorsairHID.exe - Entry point not found"

I have just received a K65 RGB and after downloading and installing CUE I get exactly the same error message when trying to launch CUE. Have tried uninstalling/reinstalling/restarting to no avail.

update: i have managed to get hold of an old version of CUE (1.3.70) which launches, however it prompts to update to new version (1.13.36), which upon installing receives the same error message. Additionally, when loading the old version 1.3.70 it does not detect my device (so is greyed out). Finally, when downloading the latest (1.13.36) when it gets to the stage of installing driver 2/2 I get a security message stating windows cannot verify the publisher of the driver and do i wish to proceed. If I do, install completes but error message when launching, or if i dont then the driver install fails and it uninstalls itself.

so somewhere along the line the CUE software has been updated to require CM_Request_device_EjectW in the cfgmgr32.dll file. When i open cfgmgr32.dll it does not contain this element (should sit between CM_Remove_SubTree_Ex & CM_Request_Eject_PC). Note that the old version of CUE (1.3.70) launches with no issue, so didnt require this CM_Request_device_EjectW in the cfgmgr32.dll file.

I dont know what OS the OP is running but I have Vista x64 Ultimate (yes - i know), so this may potentially be the issue if vista cfgmgr32.dll doesnt support CM_Request_device_EjectW??? I struggle with dlls and apis etc so maybe someone much more learned could help us out?

so somewhere along the line the CUE software has been updated to require CM_Request_device_EjectW in the cfgmgr32.dll file. When i open cfgmgr32.dll it does not contain this element (should sit between CM_Remove_SubTree_Ex & CM_Request_Eject_PC). Note that the old version of CUE (1.3.70) launches with no issue, so didnt require this CM_Request_device_EjectW in the cfgmgr32.dll file.

I dont know what OS the OP is running but I have Vista x64 Ultimate (yes - i know), so this may potentially be the issue if vista cfgmgr32.dll doesnt support CM_Request_device_EjectW??? I struggle with dlls and apis etc so maybe someone much more learned could help us out?

Try contacting Corsair Support. They dont support vista but it shoudnt be that different to Windows 7.

I am getting the exact same error message when trying to start CUE also since one of the previous updates. And yes (I know, I know) I am also running Vista (32-bit - yes it's embarrassing...). CUE worked just fine before. I moved recently so haven't had much time to look into this problem. I do wish I could just download a previous working version so I can use the lighting on the keyboard again.

The exact error is: "The procedure entry point CM_Request_device_EjectW could not be located in the dynamic link library CFGMGR32.dll."

Any help would sure be appreciated. Thank you.

I am getting the exact same error message when trying to start CUE also since one of the previous updates. And yes (I know, I know) I am also running Vista (32-bit - yes it's embarrassing...). CUE worked just fine before. I moved recently so haven't had much time to look into this problem. I do wish I could just download a previous working version so I can use the lighting on the keyboard again.

The exact error is: "The procedure entry point CM_Request_device_EjectW could not be located in the dynamic link library CFGMGR32.dll."

Any help would sure be appreciated. Thank you.

You can find the download links for older versions in this thread: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=138472

I had to run through several older versions, but eventually got to 1.8.122, which worked. Lighting is working again. I'm long, long *long* overdue to upgrade to a newer O/S so I can't really blame Corsair here. Just glad to see an older version of the software is working. Terabyte, thanks for pointing me to that thread - appreciate it.

I had to run through several older versions, but eventually got to 1.8.122, which worked. Lighting is working again. I'm long, long *long* overdue to upgrade to a newer O/S so I can't really blame Corsair here. Just glad to see an older version of the software is working. Terabyte, thanks for pointing me to that thread - appreciate it.

doesnt vista have a free upgrade path to windows 7 or 10???

And if not heres a handy tip. a shady copy or windows 7 can be found on this bay on the internet. if you install that you can actually upgrade to windows 10 with a legit key for free.

I've also managed to get CUE working on version 1.8.122. Thanks BlinkyPinball for saving me installing another whole batch of versions to test :biggrin:. Looks like this might be the last version that is fully Vista compatible. Could be worth noting somewhere up on high in this forum space - would be useful for all those fellow Vista Ludites like us to know what the last CUE/firmware combo that works for our OS is.

Also thanks to Terabyte for the link to the old versions

• 2 months later...

fixed error by installing win32 openssl v1.0.2g light found on slproweb.

was getting error "The procedure entry point ASN1_const_check_infinte_end could not be located in the dynamic link library LIBEAY32.dll." This was using CUE 1.15.36 on Win 7 ultimate sp1 64-bit.

Archived