Corsair Community

Is it compatible?! CMD16GX4M2B3000C15

arie25

Just bought new build, first one in years, have not receive it yet.

Memory will be CMD16GX4M2B3000C15 on Asus ROG Maximus VIII Gene.

The problem is on motherboards user guide: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1151/MAXIMUS_VIII_GENE/E10484_MAXIMUS_VIII_GENE_UM_WEB.pdf

The memory is not listed as compatible, so I am concern it might not run dual channel nor at 3000. I assume obviously that is impossible that motherboard manufacturer has tested with every possible memory, but I was wondering if anybody has experience in regards this combination of motherboard and memory.

Many thanks.

I have not used this specific kit, however i am using a Maximus VIII Gene as well and had no problems with my Corsair Vengeance LPX. I did overclock them up to DDR3-3333. In general the Maximus VIII models do a pretty good job with memory training, at least with the lastest BIOS releases. Basically just enable the XMP and you're done. If that does not do the trick, change Maximus Tweak from AUTO to Mode 1 and if needed manually tweak VCCSA and VCCIO, since they are probably a bit off on AUTO (my M8G went way overboard with them from DDR4-3000 onwards).

Archived