Corsair Community

Please help me out Ram Guy.

Xpman

Hello,

I'm the guy from this thread:http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32740

I got a bad stick though. I set the MSI K8N Neo2 Plat. to 7x275mhz at 2.5-3-3-10 with 2.85v and it crashes every hr. or so. I removed both sticks and tried it with one. The good one is a GODSEND it went up to 8x280mhz at 2.5-3-3-10 and at stock 2.5-4-4-8 :eyebuldge :headbang: :soapbox: I did everything I normally do for a few hrs Doom3, Music, web etc no problems with the good stick. I then decided to try the other stick and give Memtest86+ a shot and sure enough at stock 7x275mhz 2.5-4-4-8 and also 2.5-4-4-10 it gave me at least 45 errors in just 52 passes/tets so I just removed it and kept the good one.

Now look man..PLEASE don't make me give back the good stick. Can I keep the good one and just send in the bad one to replace it please? The bad one is really Foobar, I just ried it again in the morning and got 600+ errors first pass of test 5. Help me out.

I tried to send you a PM but it wouldn't let me.

RG can't be PM'd, as the last time they allowed that he got super flooded :)

You can RMA just one, although they can't be considered TwinX anymore, that's all.

Well they were NEVER TWINX if one is a dud right?

Really, I can? HELL YES and I don't give a flying **** if it's not concidered TwinX anymore I just want it to be a good one and to pass Memtest86 at least at stock. Thanks for replying my man. :soapbox:

And I could see how he'd get flooded with messages so I understand.

We can sure try replacing the one module, but I would suggest we replace both. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

Thank you very much Ram Guy.

Ok, now this: I was using 2.85v on the ram for everything but just for the hell of it I decided to drop to 2.7 and now the bad stick does 2.5-3-3-10 and 2.5-4-4-8 at 275mhz without problems on memtest86 and it passes test 5. I just stopped it after 60 passes and no errors because that's a good sign.

So what now? What do you suggest? It passes with 2.7v but not at 2.85v I get errors at 2.85v the good stick however, passes at 2.7v and 2.8v. Should I still return it? Let me ask you something else..why do you advice for me to return both and not just the bad one?

Thanks for your time, I understand you must be very busy.

• Corsair Employees
Well I will leave the choice up to you. But technically they are running at the advertised spec. or faster, so they are not really failing. However, we guarantee them up to 2.9 Volts. Can a friend maybe help you test them in another system?

Well I will leave the choice up to you. But technically they are running at the advertised spec. or faster, so they are not really failing. However, we guarantee them up to 2.9 Volts. Can a friend maybe help you test them in another system?

Yes, but he has the same board. I'll rma it then because they defenitely don't work together well. At 2.7v and 2.8v they both fail at 2.5-4-4-8. :confused:

UPDATE: Ok, got my other 1G of ram today (ocz pc3200 Platinum Rev.2 2x512) at 2:30pm from Newegg and put it in right away and didn't go into windows I went straight into memtest86+ and it passed at 9x260fsb no errors in about 40 passes so I went into windows and no problems. I haven't had any restarts or or crashes to desktop with it keep in mind that ram is PC3200 so it's defenitely not the board. What gave it away was that right away both sticks passed where the Corsair will not pass unless it's one stick and one not at 2.85v.

I'm pretty confident in that it's just a bad stick and I'm sure the Corsair will come true but my balls are in my throat right now...I just hope I didn't make a $280 mistake. :brick: :dunno:

O.K. please let me know how you make out!

I sure will. I'm doing some extra praying this week. :D:

...that didn't work on covering my bet on Monday night..stupid Brady throwing balls up in the air like he was back in the playground.. :wtfman: :brick:

Did you see that SpecMike?

Archived