Corsair Community

Mr Soda

Sometimes only a couple times a day or once every few days, my CUE DPI settings sorta lock up. I own a Corsair KATAR mouse which in all other aspects works perfectly fine. Unfortunately, there are times I'll try to change my DPI & it simply wont respond. Upon opening the CUE interface & attempting to change through the DPI options, it wont highlight any other than the default. However, if I quit CUE completely the stored DPI settings in the mouse change back & forth with no problem.

So far the only temporary fixes for this I've found are either changing my DPI polling rate or forcing a firmware update. Both of which I've noticed basically just turn the mouse off & on. I'd really hate to immediately RMA the mouse since in all honestly this just appears to be a software issue to me. I've already tried performing a clean install of CUE & that worked for about 3 days. Please can anyone help me with this?

Okay I'm really wondering why no one has replied to this yet. I'm asking for help, that's what forums are for right? I need to know if my issue is likely software related & not the mouse itself. I don't have the funds to waste on attempting an RMA only to have em tell me the mouse works fine when it doesn't for me sometimes.

most likely software issue and also its called the holidays dude... people are trying to spend time with family...

Thank you for your input, now I'm 1 step closer towards not returning it & simply waiting on the next CUE version. I thought the Holidays weren't for another day at least. I guess people these days just celebrate it earlier & for longer my bad.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
upload your logs when this happens. And try reinstalling CUE.

I updated CUE to the latest version that was just released today & this is still occurring. Here are my logs attached below as ya requested. I've done a clean install once before, it only worked for a few days.

2016-01-18T10-31-05.txt

2016-01-19T08-17-52.txt

2016-01-19T09-59-21.txt

2016-01-19T10-03-01.txt

2016-01-19T19-45-19.txt

• 3 weeks later...
I think until someone can figure this rediculious issue out I'm just gonna disable CUE & use the stored settings within my mouse which always work fine. It's annoying having the really bright red light but at least the DPI button's choice settings will work all the time.

I think until someone can figure this rediculious issue out I'm just gonna disable CUE & use the stored settings within my mouse which always work fine. It's annoying having the really bright red light but at least the DPI button's choice settings will work all the time.

The light's too bright, so this won't work either. In addition I've tried performing numerous clean installs of CUE to the latest versions as they've been released recently. Still all to no avail, CUE continues to "freeze" is the only term I can think of to describe this.

Archived