Corsair Community

Windows 10 TH2+RS1 - Fix for CL 3.2.5742 discovered new devices reboot needed popup

red-ray

Hi guys, I have just bought a commander mini with the RGB led kit and have installed and connected my H100i up with the link cable and put the fans into the commander mini. Have tried using the latest CL software and was experiencing the issue with the infinite pop up box as I'm using the latest version of Win 10 Pro, but your fix red ray has fixed that so thank you.

Its just the issue of no control of the H100i atm, the led works fine so if anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated! I will attach some screens.

927765702_CLdevices.thumb.jpg.7162c19eb35060834e88aa65682a12fb.jpg

434432693_Regedits.thumb.jpg.c7adad754daab3afcec9b207abc8da5f.jpg

1389283264_sivusbbus.thumb.jpg.628a5ed3f04d7fdea647a83e0b8c602e.jpg

808048804_sivlinkstatus.thumb.jpg.c574117cf4df242462f279dc273fe6ab.jpg

167684342_sivlinkdevices.thumb.jpg.789a27c5d37d7f44e626499b589248a2.jpg

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
attachment.php?attachmentid=23911&d=1452796188

Looking at the [Link Devices] Channel IDs the 05 is the CLCC and there should be another 05 for the H100i. Double check the C-Link cable connecting the H100i to the CLCC. [Link Devices] will update once the H100i is detected.

Looking at the [Link Devices] Channel IDs the 05 is the CLCC and there should be another 05 for the H100i. Double check the C-Link cable connecting the H100i to the CLCC. [Link Devices] will update once the H100i is detected.
just double checked the cable and reseated on both ends and still not showing up, also now the commander mini is constantly running my fans at full speed, any ideas on that?

EDIT: fixed the fan issue by reinstalling CL

just double checked the cable and reseated on both ends and still not showing up

I assume you have also tried a different C-link port.

If you USB connect the H100i does it show up?

What firmware version does the H100i have? Maybe you need a later version.

I assume you have also tried a different C-link port.

If you USB connect the H100i does it show up?

What firmware version does the H110i have? Maybe you need a later version.

ITS FIXED!!

I had exactly the same thought, just spent 10mins searching for the original usb cable, found it and plugged it in, opened up CL and it downloaded a firmware update. Then shutdown, replugged in commander mini (only have one usb 2 header on my mobo) and its now recognised it! :biggrin:

Thanks for your help and quick responses red-ray, and your software! your a credit to this community!

but now I get a red -70 on the motherboard temp 2 ... Is there any fix?

CL reporting silly temperatures is nothing new, in fact most monitoring software does this from time to time. If you post the SIV save files I could comment further. See http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=788225 for how to generate these.

It would be easier to help you if you added your PC specs to your profile

before the regedit I didn't see the h110i gt but I didn't have any silly temp readings.

Your board has both ITE IT8628 + IT8733 sensor chips and I suspect the input reported as -70°C is not connected to a sensor so is just floating. How many motherboard temperatures does CL report and what are they?

How many motherboard fans does CL report and how many do you have? I suspect 3 + a H110iGT pump, so CL should report 4.

I suspect if you run HWM it will also report -70°C (post the screen shot) and if so your best option to get this fixed is to report the bug in HWM to the CPUID guys and as CL uses the CPUID SDK it should get fixed in a future CL release.

I will ask around and see if I can find out which sensors are actually used.

ye I got the same on hwm but I'm 99% that before the edit on the registry I didn't see any false temp reading.

Looking at the HWM image then the range is -69°C -> 36°C. This supports my suspicion that that input is not connected. I suspect before you just happened to catch a sensible value. It's also possible that the Gigabyte utility is causing issues as I expect it does not interlock access to the hardware, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141037.

I still feel you best option is to report this as a HWM bug.

I plan to fix my SIV utility, but there seems to be a new model of PWM controller. A new save that also included [pmb] + [cpuid] + [smb-bus] + [pmb-bus] would be handy.

hmm ,when I installed the CL and didn't see the h110i gt with no false readings in it and I had installed already the gigabytes siv and nothing else,then I edit the registry and the h110i gt not showing in the CL was fixed but I was getting the false reading.

maybe after the edit and cl getting the reading for the h110i gt had some conflict with the gigabytes siv?

is that possible to revert the edit on the registry so I can check if I remember correct about not getting a false reading?

let me know if I have put everything in the SIV save file.

edit: I have already report this to HWM

SIV_ANDREAS-PC.txt

is that possible to revert the edit on the registry so I can check if I remember correct about not getting a false reading?

My expert opinion is that the edit to the registry is not the cause of the -70°C, why don't you see what Franck says and take things from there.

In terms of reverting I deduced CL does some registry edits, but as CL is not my utility I do not know exactly what it does. You need to log a call to https://corsair.secure.force.com/home/home.jsp and ask Corsair.

I guess if you use Device Manager to uninstall the H110iGT and then redetect it this will effectively undo the registry changes.

Thank you for the new save file which is ideal, better still the PWMs are IOR IR35201s and SIV 5.07 Beta-15 already has support :biggrin:. Would you like to try a SIV beta once I have added full support for your Gigabyte Z170X-GamingG1 motherboard?

today I'm not getting any reading for my hdd ,ssd etc all are getting 0 temp.

Is this with CL, SIV or both? Post screen shots.

It would be easier/possible for others to help you if you added your PC specs to your profile. I can get them from the SIV save file, but others can't.

I see the hdd/ssd temp on siv but not in the CL along with other readings. also in the HWM the TMPIN 2 -70 isn't there any more.

On the CL screen shot there are things in the left column that are scrolled out of view, what are they? I suspect these could be disk temperatures as CL has a habit of creating duplicate devices, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141043

I suspect the -70 will come back, time will tell.

ye dublicates of hdd etc all showing 0

I don't get why without doing anything I get all those random changes.

CL just does this and it's a PITA, as the thread I linked to says it just does it for no good reason. It also gives work-a-rounds.

• 2 weeks later...
edit: well the registry edit didnt fix it this time.. this is going from bad to worse xD

The SIV [uSB Bus], [Link Devices] and [Link Status] panels allow the root cause of many hardware issues to be determined and resolved. If you need help with a CL hardware issue I recommend posting these screen shots.

I did not need to do this on my W10 RS1 system, though CL4 was a PITA and wanted to reboot.

I found it hard to believe how bad CL4 was on my W7 system, so I tried a W10 system and it has many of the same issues.

1. CL4 wants to reboot the system for no good reason just because it found a H110iGT. As I specified in http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=822047 this is not needed. While CL was prompting I started up SIV 5.06 which happily reported the H110iGT as you can see.
  2. Testing on W10 x64 RS1 Build 14251 SIV was happily reporting my H110iGT with the initial Device Parameters. I then exited SIV, ran CL4 and it prompted for a reboot. It also zeroed AllowIdleIrpInD3 + DeviceSelectiveSuspended when this is not needed.

Archived