Corsair Community

Turning on and Off/Blinking LED's

bashman1

This has been happening lately. The unit will turn on and off by itself. It makes the beeping noise for powering on. When it does this the LED screen also shows no numbers even though the unit is on. (It has a very faint blinking 8 on the right side of the screen). It does not do this all the time but it is annoying when it happens and I would like to fix it now before something more serious happens. Any suggestions? BTW I have had the unit for about a month with no problems untill now. Thanks!

All the connections are sound. The only thing I can think of is that I occasionally disable the case fans as they were causing line interference in the video capturing process I use with the AIW 9700 Pro. Is it possible that letting the Hydrocool do ALL of the work in cooling including case fan work might cause some of the symptoms I am experiencing? My room temp with the hot summer in CT is around 90 F which doesn't help I am sure... :) When keeping the case fans on I haven't seen the same symptoms. Maybe you guys can disable the case fans in one of your test PC's to see if that causes the problem. (A good warning to include in future manuals for those consumers who think the Hydrocool will replace all case fans, etc). BTW is 100 F somewhat normal for the water temp? When including a GPU in the mix? And is there a simple method to draining the fluid if I want to eliminate an air bubble causing the problem? Thanks!

• Corsair Employees
Well 100F is not out of line, specially if your room temp is 90F This is well away from the shut down temps, unless you have reprogrammed these values. Sounds like your computer is trying to shut down. Have you checked the actual CPU temp from the on board diode?

• 4 weeks later...
Since today, I've got the same problem! The block beeps and doesnt show a temperatue. I can see a slightly blinking 8 on the right hand sideand te turbo LED! I can't even use the turbomode:[pouts: The last month my hydrocool worked fine and there was no changing of the running system. Please help me!

I have the same problem! Sometimes the Hydrocool works fine for 2 or 3 days, then i get the Problem (the block beeps and doesnt show a temperatue; I can see a slightly blinking 8 on the right hand side and te turbo LED. I can't even use the turbomode). I have an ENERMAX EG 465P-VE PSU (465Watt). Please help me. P. S. I checked the electrical connections - there is no problem

Archived