Corsair Community

just gimmie an RMA number...(yes my ram is bad for sure)

MrShadow

okay so i know for sure my memory is bad it causes errors in memtest 86 even when down clocked to 166 (which it automaticly does) i have XMS C2PT 3200 twin X pack 2 X 512

theres no doubt about it this memory is bad just give me an rma number

i don't understand why we can't just call a tech and tell them our problem and get an RMA number like KingSton if all the techs are busy give us the option to wait instead of just asking us to leave a message

***edit***

all bios settings are okay i've set them manually reset them to defualt set them to optimized and created my own timings no matter what even at very loose timings my ram still craps out

You can call @ 1-888-222-4346, email warranty@corsairmemory.com, or post here.

What CPU / FSB / motherboard do you have?

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2T (2.5 on AMD platform)

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 3T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6T

Memory voltage: 2.75 or 2.8 volts

What version of memtest are you running, and what tests give you errors? Tried one stick at a time in multiple slots? May just be a slot.

You can call @ 1-888-222-4346, email warranty@corsairmemory.com, or post here.

What CPU / FSB / motherboard do you have?

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2T (2.5 on AMD platform)

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 3T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6T

Memory voltage: 2.75 or 2.8 volts

What version of memtest are you running, and what tests give you errors? Tried one stick at a time in multiple slots? May just be a slot.

A64 3200+ NEwcastle / 200 / GigaByte K8NS pro

newest version of mem test whatever that is downloaded yesterday... forgot which ones but i got 17 errors in 6 hours yes i've tried other slots

voltage is at my bios max of + 0.2 what otherwords 2.7

no matter what latency's i run i still get those errors

I would suggest testing the modules on another make and model of MB if you can to be sure. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

if i test one stick at a time should it be expectet to run @ the same timings as if there was two of them? my mother board sets differn't timings if theres 2 then if theres only one and niehter of them are the timings that my memory should be running at they are both to slow

right now i'm testing one stick alone @ 2.5-3-3-6 which is what the tech sheet says

• Corsair Employees
XMS3200C2 would have their SPD set to Cass 3-3-3-8 or Cass 2.5-4-4-8 depending on the IC used for the specific part you have. And the tested settings would need to be set manually. What does the bios set the timings too when you install them both one up?

XMS3200C2 would have their SPD set to Cass 3-3-3-8 or Cass 2.5-4-4-8 depending on the IC used for the specific part you have. And the tested settings would need to be set manually. What does the bios set the timings too when you install them both one up?

when i put it both it sets them to 3-3-3-8 but @ 166mhz (i'm haveing the same problem that every one else is on Gigabyte k8ns pro) when i put only one it does something like 3-4-3-8......... not to sure about that last number but with only one it does @ 200mhz

• Corsair Employees

First off I have no problem replacing the modules for you, but if you can test the modules in another MB that would help isolate the memory from this MB and will verify the issue.

Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

Archived