Corsair Community

Corsair PC5400 XMS-2 Pro & Abit AA8XE Mobo.

Fish Dilbert

Greetings. Can anyone tell me why my new state of the art Abit AA8XE Fatal1ty motherboard will only run ONE of my matched memory pairs? I have tried all slot combinations: DIMM 1/3, DIMM 2/4, DIMM 1/2, DIMM 3/4 and the system will almost never boot. It seems that if I run one module in DIMM 1 it is stable. If I put the other module in, and take the other out of DIMM 1 it will not boot at all. (A bad module?) I have tried running in turbo and normal modes, and changed to 2:3 (600 Mhz.) and the problem persists. I am running win XP - SP2. I have recently updated the bios, but this is a new mobo (2 weeks on market). Corsair site says that this memory and mobo ARE compatable. Part No: TWIN2X1024-5400C4PRO PLEASE HELP! Do I RMA? Thanks in advance.

Thanks Ramguy, but... I have been in touch with my reseller - pagebuy.com. They have agreed to take the memory back, and have provided me an RMA number. They also were nice enough to set up an arrangement so that if I order another pair, when they receive my defective memory they will credit my credit card. That way I can continue using the one stick that is working, and when I receive the new set I can send them the bad set. Since pagebuy.com is not listed on Corsair's site as an authorized reseller I assume this is what Corsair wanted me to do. Please advise, and thanks again.

• Corsair Employee
Well I am not familiar with this company, but that does not by any means suggest they are not an authorized reseller. And it sounds like they are taking good care of you. But we will replace any module that is not performing properly, as long you purchased them from acceptable retail source. And I would ask your reseller to contact our sales at info@corsairmemory.com to get added to the list of resellers.

Archived