Corsair Community

Corsair h100i GTX Temperature/Fan Direction

saduka

I recently upgraded my Coolermaster Hyperevo 212 to a Corsair h100i GTX. Also upgrade my case from Thermaletake A31 Mid to a Thermaletake T81 Full. Now my question is how come my CPU zone is borderline GOOD and EXCELLENT but when I had the Coolermaster Hyperevo 212 it was 3-4 bars in EXCELLENT bar.

Im just curious since I assumed upgrading to the h100i and upgrading to a full better airflow case would make enhance it. Also whats the best way to have the fans attached to the radiator? Push/pull or towards exhaust side? I also have 2(200mm thermaletake stock fans) on top of my radiator on exhaust side same as the ones below radiator. Pics are attached. Sorry if this is a replicate/Noob question.

http://i62.tinypic.com/5dt9h2.png

http://i57.tinypic.com/sq2rnr.png

http://i58.tinypic.com/jb4tc0.png

I don't see anything visually wrong with your set-up and I think most of us would arrange things generally the same way. I certainly recommend exhaust radiator fans for most people and most cases. I think the better question is how does Asus determine your "thermal assessment"? Is some sort of weighted or cumulative CPU, VRM, memory temp score? Is it a Microsoft-like your 'lowest score is your score' thing? I don't see any numbers out of line, although obviously this is just a snap shot in time. I have never owned a TUF board. Does it calculate this score continuously or on command? I think I would go with more traditional analytical methods unless you know how the score is calculated.

The only thing that did catch my eye is the 0 rpm on CPU fan. I skipped over the Z87 series, but on the ones since you need to have a fan on that header and OPT is a mirror for CPU fan. I don't know whether you are getting CPU fan errors or not. It's also possible the magic formula is dinging you for not have a fan on that header and reducing your score.

I don't see anything visually wrong with your set-up and I think most of us would arrange things generally the same way. I certainly recommend exhaust radiator fans for most people and most cases. I think the better question is how does Asus determine your "thermal assessment"? Is some sort of weighted or cumulative CPU, VRM, memory temp score? Is it a Microsoft-like your 'lowest score is your score' thing? I don't see any numbers out of line, although obviously this is just a snap shot in time. I have never owned a TUF board. Does it calculate this score continuously or on command? I think I would go with more traditional analytical methods unless you know how the score is calculated.

The only thing that did catch my eye is the 0 rpm on CPU fan. I skipped over the Z87 series, but on the ones since you need to have a fan on that header and OPT is a mirror for CPU fan. I don't know whether you are getting CPU fan errors or not. It's also possible the magic formula is dinging you for not have a fan on that header and reducing your score.

it only happened after i switched out my parts to the new case (thermaltake t81) I've read the threads where they get CPU FAN ERROR and they just disable through BIOS which I did. I have the cooler plug into MOBO and ALL FANS are running full speed. im so confused

Exactly, you have done everything one would do, and with a pair of 200mm fans above it all, probably gone one step further. I can't see what you have for front intake, but I will assume whatever 120/140mm fan combination is allowed. I would be more reliant upon comparative stress test results than the Asus thermal index, until I know how that formula is determined. If it's just some silly thing like the Windows performance index where your lowest score at that moment in time determines you overall... Either way we need to now the formula to make any use of it. The screenshot suggests there is some sort of degree of temperature per Watt of power metric. At desktop levels, the numbers of fans running would influence the result, which is why we need to know a little more.

On the other issue, you can get past boot by disabling the CPU fan warning, but is there a reason not to use it? I don't know how the OPT will respond with nothing on CPU. On my board, OPT doesn't even have a control option.

Exactly, you have done everything one would do, and with a pair of 200mm fans above it all, probably gone one step further. I can't see what you have for front intake, but I will assume whatever 120/140mm fan combination is allowed. I would be more reliant upon comparative stress test results than the Asus thermal index, until I know how that formula is determined. If it's just some silly thing like the Windows performance index where your lowest score at that moment in time determines you overall... Either way we need to now the formula to make any use of it. The screenshot suggests there is some sort of degree of temperature per Watt of power metric. At desktop levels, the numbers of fans running would influence the result, which is why we need to know a little more.

On the other issue, you can get past boot by disabling the CPU fan warning, but is there a reason not to use it? I don't know how the OPT will respond with nothing on CPU. On my board, OPT doesn't even have a control option.

http://i61.tinypic.com/24z8uok.png

Archived