Corsair Community

Dodgy RAM

DEAD

Ive had my RAM for about a year now, and i bought it with my computer from Alienware. Now when i play a game i have a blue screen message after about 5-10minutes of playing.

I have contacted Alienware customer support, but i am out of warranty and they told me that it was a usbport, then a gfx driver, then something else. Then they blamed it on the RAM being faulty, and i removed the RAM they sent to me, and placed in some new RAM, and it stopped the blue screen appearing.

So the RAM is faulty, and i will run memtest again (Last time it did come up with errors) and i will post the end result.

My computer has a 2.8GHZ AMD CPU, Asus NFORCE 2 Mobo, Corsair XMS 256MB PC3200LL X2 (need both together to run), and a if you need anything else ask away.

I was also wondering if you have a UK or European address to post faulty RAM to, as i can only find an American one :)

Its a CMX256A - 3200LL Ultra-Performance DDR Memory

256MB 400MHZ XMS3200

and the other numbers written on it are

XMS3205v1.2

2326-T1

hope that helps :) ill post the bios settings later :)

Bios Settings

CPu External Freq. 166Mhz

CPU Feq Multimple Settings Auto (13.5x)

System Performance Optimal

Memory Freq. By SPD

Resulting Freq. 200MHZ

Memory Timings Optimal

SDRAM Active precharge delay 8

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay 3

SDRAM RAS Precharge Delay 3

SDRAM CAS Latency 2.5T

DDR Ref. Voltage 2.6v

If you need anymore just ask :)

• Corsair Employees
First thing, with a 333FSB CPU you would need to run the memory Frequency at DDR333. If you try to run the memory at DDR400 it will cause a bottleneck in the chipset and may generate errors, or at the least the performance would be that of PC-2100 or less. So please try and set the memory Frequency at 100% or 1-1 and see if that does not solve the problem. Sorry but that is a limitation of the chipset.

Archived